Author Topic: Brocoding, dagger duels.  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
Re: Brocoding, dagger duels.
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 09:29:36 am »
Jeade you claim you don't care at all, but here it is in a msg (yea Jeade sent me a msg asking me to drop the stuff I've sent to cmp), vaguely, but its there. The reason you've been bias is because I mentioned someone brown nosing you over the idea of 'no siege equipment in siege' a long time ago, your response was muting me which already was a bias action on its own, when asked why you did it you said you were allowed to mute for any reason at all. Funny when a player mentions raping someone thats ok in your book, but calling someone a brown noser is really crossing the line. You're just piling on the evidence of how bias you've always been towards all of us, and the msg you sent really ices the cake, so thanks man.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 09:29:57 am »
Here's the best way to settle it imo. Schoi vs the best Remnerd ft7 NA1 tomorrow at 7:30pm PST. Schoi wins you guys get banned and ripperoni'd in cheese if you win Schoi cries and no ban.

(click to show/hide)

No, best way to settle it is have a different admin look at the thread, look at the comments, look at the photos, and make a decision. Just like Jeade mentioned earlier.
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 09:33:18 am »
No one cares about your angry, biased opinion.

Unfortunately, opinions are sometimes right.

I was in the position where I needed to make a call on whether or not the dagger fights at the end of the round were delaying.
Due to the number of people complaining about how long it'd been going on, I had to formulate an opinion.
That is literally my position--to judge the impact of the behavior in question and make a decision based on server rules.
It appeared to be delaying.

After calling it out as delaying, KhyMe and one other person on opposing teams decided to stand on the flag for over a minute left and right swinging at each other, making sure their blocks were up before swinging.
It's blatant delaying, and the only people who got a kick out of it were those in that dagger/punching circle.

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 09:35:22 am »
weird, so why'd you send me a msg saying shit like I'm not bias I dont care about strat and shit like that, who said anything about strat??? Funny, I figured it had something to do with that sorta thing.

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 09:37:30 am »
weird, so why'd you send me a msg saying shit like I'm not bias I dont care about strat and shit like that, who said anything about strat??? Funny, I figured it had something to do with that sorta thing.

wat
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Skrubb

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Get some
    • View Profile
I was there for it. There were a few things to take into consideration on both accounts.

There were more than a few people complaining saying that those listed by Schoi had been doing this every round.
Basically, they'd hang back and wait until everyone was dead to run out at each other with knives or gloves and beat/stab each other to death.
This would drag on rounds for minutes.

They weren't always holding back, though.
There were times I saw them defending a position, and that's all fair and good if they want to do that.
There were also times where it'd be a 3v1 and two would stand on flag while the other goes to fend off the last guy.
In that case, it's passable. Knowing the immediate history, I'd be suspect, but I can't know for sure.
Technically, however, they're fine to do that.

It's the dagger fights at the end of the round that's the kicker.
Daggers are fine. Fun is in fact allowed, however much it's joked that it isn't.
Holding up 15 other people because you'd rather punch your plate wearing friends for two minutes is not OK.
It's delaying. You don't have the right to waste everyone else's time.

There was an annoying amount of brocoding to the point that I'd be banning half the server if I were being fair.
Banning a bunch of people isn't ideal on a low pop server, and I was hoping they'd straighten out given a little time.
I gave out warnings and a kick or two. Most of it stopped.
The only two that continued on were Whiskey and KhyMe.
I gave it a few rounds to see if they'd get it out of their system, and they didn't, so 24 hour bans were placed on them.

Since I've already made a call, I'll step back and let someone else take a look at it, unless whichever admin wants my opinion on what ought to be done.
Everything I've typed up there ought to be enough background to figure it out.

Wait a sec boys. You are saying that the brocoders were "hanging back" and letting their team die so that hey could dagger fight at the end.

Taking a look at a couple of the screen shots in the op, the "brocoders" are topping the boards. Their contribution to the team is high. There is no way that they could be truly trolling every single round if their scores are high.

For example you kicked me one round where our team was 4 v 1 on some guy and I thought it would be okay to watch. Didn't know that was against the rules

What I think is going on here is that unskilled players are running out to die early on and are just angry that they can't stay alive long enough to compete with the big boys.

AKA Jeade is mad cause he bad. So.. "let's ban everybody on the server who performs at a high skill level so I can feel better about myself and have more play time"

You can cry yourself to sleep instead of in our laps brah. Easy solution. Thread locked
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:56:51 am by Skrubb »

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Taking a look at a couple of the screen shots in the op, the "brocoders" are topping the boards. Their contribution to the team is high. There is no way that they could be truly trolling every single round if their scores are high. To attain that high score you gotta be out killing members of the other team. What I think is going on here is that unskilled players are running out to die early on and are just angry that they can't stay alive long enough to compete with the big boys.

You make a great point, how did we hang back if NO ONE on the team has kills (only deaths) EXCEPT US, how did they die? WE KILLED THEM. How did we hang back again???

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

You make a great point, how did we hang back if NO ONE on the team has kills (only deaths) EXCEPT US, how did they die? WE KILLED THEM. How did we hang back again???

You killed the non brocoders. Then you brocoded with the brocoders. And then the non brocoders have to wait for you to finish your dagger duels and delaying.
Best quote

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2015, 10:06:42 am »
we're dead in the screen shot smarty, AND fighting lol

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 10:12:41 am »
Poorly drawn representation of the event.

You might say, there's nothing wrong with that.

True, but usually there's more people alive and more brocoders. They duel, the brocoders sit like the guy on the right side and let them duel instead of help.
Best quote

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ImSofaKingInKweddable
7 Instances, 2 Random Instances.
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2015, 10:33:25 am »
Highlighted MOST important data. Most is consistent, things got a bit rugged 40 pictures in after new ideas popped in my head.

What to note for evidence: Time & Players involved. Score & Map, to note different rounds.

Problem Players: Mae_, Nae_, TinyGlancer, and KhyMe.

Instance #1 Time Delayed: 1m5s.
(click to show/hide)

Instance #2 Time Delayed: 0m49s.
(click to show/hide)

Instance #3 Time Delayed: 0m44s.
(click to show/hide)

Instance #4 Time Delayed: Can't confirm, I didn't get pictures because I was alive near the end. Note: Time 2:37, drastically low for 10v10.
(click to show/hide)

Instance #5 Time Delayed: 1m6s.
(click to show/hide)

Instance #6 Time Delayed: 0m24s+X.
(click to show/hide)

Instance #7 Time Delayed: 2m3s.
(click to show/hide)

Not relevant for today, but still proof of KhyMe's unsportsmanlike conduct.

KhyMe Instance #1: TK because of duel.
(click to show/hide)

KhyMe Instance #2: Delaying.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:07:21 am by ImElias »

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Mae and Nae playing poorly just recently.
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2015, 10:45:01 am »
Zlotz posted this thread, I was on that day: http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/ban-nae_-for-hardcore-brocoding/msg1162306/#msg1162306

Mae and Nae were consistently working together and preventing proper and fair gameplay. Warcs, and a few others who were on. (AKA Remnant, proof is in the screenshots)

Menas posted this thread just recently, it's still near the top of the list: http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/ban-nae_/

Seriously, deal out your punishment appropriately this time around. Problem players are toxic to the community: Mae and Nae.

Also Jeade, I believe Whiskey's ban was unjustified. He wasn't doing this continually for nearly two hours.

Offline Skrubb

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Get some
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2015, 10:53:31 am »
Ok all those pictures you posted provide nothing for concrete punishment. All it is are pictures of me and KhyMe top fragging every map and dueling it out sometimes. I'm sorry That trying your hardest and wrecking everybody on the server every round is mandatory. If you really want to end supposed long fair fights after rounds you should get in the duel server and learn to take on highly skilled players.

Your current argument aims to punish players for doing well. If a knight wants to fight another with a dagger or fists to make it a fair fight. That is their damn decision. That's an alpha's way of ending the round.

As for the previous ban threads. I have already taken my day ban and have never laid hands on teammates after that. I honestly don't see your point. Those threads are irrelevant

And toxic players like you who sit there getting an erection from taking pointless screenshots are what killed the community. If you hate your life take it out on a punching bag instead of exploding on randoms on the Internet
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:58:37 am by Skrubb »

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2015, 10:57:06 am »
hahaha wait what was my bullshit?? this is great! Oh and I remember Smithy kicked him and bicep out, bicep then proceeded to make the Remnant Hunters clan, I mean that was like a cutesy thing he did in response to it, I'm sorry you didnt take it as well.

You have me mistaken for Deploy_Shields, AKA: PoopHammer. I've never played with Bicep and I don't consider him a friend.

Really, how long do you suspect your ditzy attitude to last without consequence?

Is this you by chance? How cutesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLA7dQ-uxR0

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2015, 10:57:34 am »
Ok all those pictures you posted provide nothing for concrete punishment. All it is are pictures of me and KhyMe top fragging every map and dueling it out sometimes. I'm sorry That trying your hardest and wrecking everybody on the server every round is mandatory. If you really want to end supposed long fair fights after rounds you should get in the duel server and learn to take on highly skilled players.

Your current argument aims to punish players for doing well. If a knight wants to fight another with a dagger or fists to make it a fair fight. That is their damn decision. That's an alpha's way of ending the round.

As for the previous ban threads. I have already taken my day ban and have never laid hands on teammates after that. I honestly don't see your point.

Again, evading the point. THE FUCKING SITTING IN THE BACK BROCODING AND NOT HELPING YOUR TEAM MATES IS WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT LIKE FUCKING DAMN STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE. THA FUQ YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE ON A SKILLED PLAYER DUEL ME FT7 FOR 3 LPS.
Best quote