Author Topic: New map rotation  (Read 766 times)

Offline axel

• Baron
  • Renown: 116
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Athenoune_Fireblood
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Athenon
New map rotation
« on: February 07, 2017, 04:47:59 pm »
+5
As we all seems to agree on this (maybe I live in a special snowflake echo chamber??), we all want a change in the map rotation.

We've tested many maps and people enjoyed them and wanted some to get added to the rotation and some others to get off rotation.

I would like to know which map people liked so we can do a list to propose on the next patch or soon.

I, myself, would like to see attack on caravan in the rotation.
Make the crusade great again
-Athenoune_FireBlood

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: New map rotation
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 05:01:53 pm »
+2
I agree maps like Arena, Tavern, Odins Cave, Bridge over Chasm, Donkey Statue should all be added into rotation. Current rotation is bland.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 10:39:43 pm »
+2
More city maps less open field maps
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline axel

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Athenoune_Fireblood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 11:16:06 pm »
+3
I would say more village maps.
-Athenoune_FireBlood

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 02:48:34 am »
+3
More city maps less open field maps

I love city maps but many of them are HUGE and don't work well with low server population. You end up spending 80% of the round just running around trying to find someone to fight. There is an ATS city map, can't remember the name but it's ATS and has "riot" in the name. Basically a street filled with barricades and siege equipment, and there is a small sewer tunnel on the side that goes along the length of the map. That one works really well with low population.

Attack on a caravan is the one with a bridge crossing a wide shallow stream, you only need ~5 people on each team for fun combat on the bridge. It is a huge map with a TON of forest, but the other day I switched to it and everyone was having fun fighting on the bridge. No delayers.

Chasm is the one with a huge bridge that connects two sandy islands. The middle of the bridge doesn't quite meet so you have to jump across this giant pit. It is a big map, but most of it is empty sand dunes so delaying isn't too common. It's really fun to fight along the cliffside rocks, jumping after people and sometimes not making it.

Pitfalls is classic (the one where you can open the floor under the enemy team). The layout is symmetrical with a lot of vertical combat (all the wooden platforms that lead up to roof access). It feels empty with low server population though.

The Burning Witch (tavern fight) and Pueblo Village (bizarre vertical desert city at the bottom of a valley) are fun and unique and work with low population. They completely fuck cavalry builds though, so might not be worth putting into automatic rotation.

Hun In The Sun is the donkey statue one. I wish it was the old version where the ladder worked and you could actually get inside the statue. Would it be possible to revert to that? I guess the map as a whole favors ranged, but you can stay between all the little huts if it gets really bad. Bring a siege shield!

I'm gonna try and find some more "classic" maps that make people go OH SHIT I REMEMBER THIS AWW YEAH. There is another caravan attack one (road littered with wagons and loot, swamp to one side and steep forest hill on the other) but I can't remember the title of it.

Does anyone have specific requests for singleplayer fief maps? There tons of good villages for small population fights, but I can never remember which one is which.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:54:26 am by WITCHCRAFT »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 03:26:54 am »
+2
found a list of mine from 2014 for maps. Obviously the meta is different and having it work with low server population is more important than anything else. Here's what I can remember of these:

Spring Flood: A low lightly wooded plain with plenty of shallow pools. There are a few rocks and pieces of ruins that stick out. I think this would be okay in current rotation.

Tumulus: Three hills with stone henge type ruins on and around them. It's a really big map, but if the flag spawns are in good positions (isn't that easy to change?) I think it would still work.

Native - Village: The Khergit town with a wall around it and archer tower in the middle. Lots of lower roofs and alleyways to fight in. I really like this one, some people are bored of playing it for years by now though.

Iron Mine:  A mine with several entrances and many twisting paths inside. One of my favorites but even with high server population you ended up with the last few players "doing laps" around the map trying to find each other. Not worth putting in rotation IMO.

Ambushed: I think this is the other "attacked caravan" map I was talking about above. Will test in-game. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's fun and unique.

Goat Road:  I remember this one being really weird with a wide deep river and tons of bushes/trees to hide in. Will test soon to see if it's worth adding back.

volcano valley: the lava map? I think this one was kind of a flop, not many liked it although I did.

Battle in Swadia - that city map with tons of tight alleyways, you really felt like an angry mob pushing through them with your team.

Street Revolt ATS - I think this is the "riot" map I was thinking of earlier. Will test soon. I highly recommend it be added to rotation.

pathfinder island - I can't remember anything about this map other than it isn't the two island themed maps we still have (tropical and that flat scottish looking island?)

steppe bandit lair - Just a really weird map to play in team combat. It's the one where you have to go up a dry creek bed and the enemy team spawns near 1 or 2 buildings at the end of it. Might be bad for rotation due to delaying potential.

taiga bandit lair - same as above. Just weird layout compared to regular maps.

sea raider lair - Tropical does everything this map does, but better.

mountain warfare - a RIDICULOUS HUGE map with the tallest bridge I've seen in M&B. There is also a retarded cabin that's like 10 degrees off-center and you can fit your whole team inside, if I'm remembering right. Too big for current playerbase.

inch tuth - will have to test, I have no idea what this map was

covered crossing - this made it into and still is part of rotation I'm pretty sure. The one with a wooden foot bridge over a tall valley, with a few buildings on one side of the bridge. You can go downstream and downhill for an alternate crossing.

nether - this is the circular walled swadian town with a building in the center both teams can climb. There is also a ladder that goes down into a pool of water at the lowest point of the walled town. Still in rotation? Can't remember.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 06:06:16 am »
+4
Current NA_1 Map Rotation
(click to show/hide)

All Maps in game but may not be loaded on servers
(click to show/hide)

Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 06:32:39 am »
+4
Current NA_1 Map Rotation

Wow, a lot of maps that are in rotation I haven't seen in ages. I'm only on for an hour or two some evenings, just coming back from a long break.

I don't think there are any bad maps in rotation, but I'd love to see some goofy unique maps thrown in. It's important that they don't fuck over a single class or let one class mow down everybody else on the server though. Population is fragile enough that you can lose like 25% of your nightly population with a map that isn't liked.

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 02:18:16 pm »
+2
Just take all those extraa big maps out and put in smaller ones,maybe even native maps,or just change everything in the rotations,it became boring :D

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline axel

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Athenoune_Fireblood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 01:09:22 am »
+1
This is what id like to see added or removed.

Add:
-ATS map (the one with a long corridor)
-Attack on a caravan
-Chasm (I feel this was a balanced map for everyone, maybe add some random tree in both sand area)

Remove:
-The village in a valley (like literally one that I hate and make me leave)
-Oasis (too large)

Proposition for native village:
-Bulugur
-Tulbuk (might be fun to fight for the high ground in the middle of the village)
-Dirigh Aban 
-Uzgha (not sure about this one but I can see people having fun in it and being creative)
-Iqbayl
-Ayn Assuadi
-Chelez
-Gisim
-Ryibelet (was in rotation back then)
-Rizi
-Kulum (village divided by a little bridge, I think it was in the rotation a while ago)
-Odasan
-Ruvar
-Athenoune_FireBlood