Author Topic: Believe in God #2  (Read 9462 times)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Re: Believe in God #2
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2014, 10:28:04 pm »
+1
Good for you, man. I would never try to take that away from you.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2014, 12:09:16 am »
But you're a ninja, ninjas are supposed to steal things.   :|
^
||
||
joke

When I re-read this thread I found out Khorins argumentation was perfectly worded and clear from the very first post, not sure why I felt like I need to try and elaborate this (unsuccessfully :D )

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2014, 03:43:41 am »
Agnosticism is an artificial term made up by people scared to say that there's no god :) Outside of religion there's no such distinction, cause statements are based on facts (more or less), not belief. Noone claims to be agnostic on the subject of ufo, even though its nonexistence can not be proved. As long as proves of its existence aren't swown noone resonable will say that he "believes" in its existence.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:22:20 am by Falka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2014, 04:18:47 am »
A gnostic atheist, would claim to know, and would probably also answer that "I believe that god does not exist."

This way all christians are gnostic atheists, cause they do believe that all forgotten gods from the past except theirs do not exist :P

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2014, 04:19:50 am »
you are dumb if you believe in God.

fixed that for u

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2014, 04:24:43 am »
+2
This way all christians are gnostic atheists, cause they do believe that all forgotten gods from the past except theirs do not exist :P
Nope, that entire thing is silly, an atheist believes in absolutely no god whatsoever existing, Christians are merely monotheists with a weird magic holy gay threesome.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2014, 04:30:08 am »
Christians are merely monotheists with a weird magic holy gay threesome.

and what about mother of god and all saints? Though they're not gods per se, they have to have some godlike superpowers, otherwise why would we pray to them? :P though they're monotheists they have more gods than in pantheon :)

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2014, 04:38:32 am »
Do you guys just sit on the side of the road all damn day and annoy the shit out of people, telling em about your atheistic beliefs and how everyone should obey&believe them?

Cause I swear that's how you guys are acting right now.

Every other goddamn thread is about religion.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2014, 04:40:59 am »
and what about mother of god and all saints? Though they're not gods per se, they have to have some godlike superpowers, otherwise why would we pray to them? :P though they're monotheists they have more gods than in pantheon :)
Fairly sure only Catholics worship saints and virgin Marry, Orthodoxies might also, but I doubt it. But yeah Christians are gross.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2014, 05:00:50 am »
+1
Prove to me that God exists? No shits given, it still doesn't prove any religions are correct or that worshipping said 'God' is necessary

Though existence of some "god" can be matter of discussion, I do believe christian religion (and all other based on bible) are fake, all these fairy tales about crucified son of god are too ridiculous to be true :P

I've met a huge number of atheists who care more about trying to prove themselves right than many of the theists i've met

To be honest most of religious people who I've met don't wonder at all if god exists or if their religion is true, they just... belive.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:05:36 am by Falka »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2014, 05:01:21 am »
+1
Agnosticism is an artificial term made up by people scared to say that there's no god :) Outside of religion there's no such distinction, cause statements are based on facts (more or less), not belief. Noone claims to be agnostic on the subject of ufo, even though its nonexistence can not be proved. As long as proves of its existence aren't swown noone resonable will say that he "believes" in its existence.

Wrong. UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. The Air Force opened Project Blue Book to study the reports of them. They still have hundreds of UFO's on the books.

http://www.archives.gov/foia/ufos.html#usafac

From 1947 to 1969, a total of 12, 618 sightings were reported to Project BLUE BOOK. Of these 701 remain "Unidentified."

God is not measurable, and thus can't be compared to physical phenomenon.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:04:27 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2014, 05:36:11 am »
+2
Though existence of some "god" can be matter of discussion, I do believe christian religion (and all other based on bible) are fake, all these fairy tales about crucified son of god are too ridiculous to be true

My god, best god? is that how it works now?

Every religion is based on lies and fairy tales, and thats fine, if u belive in that kind of thing. Realistically religion used to be a great way of controling people and getting them to live their lives in a certain way. but we've come so much further than that now, it's not needed anymore, and it causes/ has caused so much trouble, war and death that could have been avoided if people didn't blindly believe in stupid outdated religion.

I see it everyday, i live in one of the most multi-cultural cities in the UK and the amount of religious based segregation is unreal, theres so much hate and rivaly, and for what?

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2014, 05:43:18 am »
+3
You're forgetting that people try to make laws/teach revisionist history + science/do crazy batshit things in general based on their religious beliefs.

I think it's far less offensive to be considered stupid or ignorant for your belief vs deserving hell, but I just try to steer clear of those crazy people handing out flyers and yelling things in subway stations.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2014, 05:53:32 am »
+1
Do you guys just sit on the side of the road all damn day and annoy the shit out of people, telling em about your atheistic beliefs and how everyone should obey&believe them?

:lol: That's exactly what religion, priests and religious lobbyists do; say everyone how to act, say what is sin, what is moral, even though I'm not interested in their opinion. And no, they don't say it hidden in churches, they come to media, government "and annoy the shit out of people, telling em about their religious beliefs and how everyone should obey&believe them". Huh, poor religious people, bashed on the internet by evil atheists :P

where were all the 'brave internet warriors against religious fanaticism' 1000 years ago when being vocal on that subject required true bravery?

Yeah, why u didn't stop witch hunt 1000 years ago u internet warriors  :D

You're free to believe what you want when you want, suddenly that isn't enough for most people, they have to go around being loud and obnoxious in their beliefs, trying to get everyone to believe the same thing as them,

You're right, religion is victimised  :wink: I'm very far from telling anyone what to do, especially what to believe, though don't see any reason why should I restrain myself from saying what I think about relgion. And if it "annoys the shit out of you"? Well, don't read then would be my advice probably.

My god, best god? is that how it works now?

Um? Definitely not mine.

(click to show/hide)

That's why I hate relgion - relgion, not relgious people, almost whole my family are catholics.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:58:59 am by Falka »

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2014, 06:24:29 am »
Hoppster
(click to show/hide)
Falka
(click to show/hide)

Pretentious format i know, but Falka replied mid-post and spoilers save walls of text.

You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net