Author Topic: Solid Builds  (Read 277019 times)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Solid Builds
« Reply #720 on: August 05, 2013, 07:07:29 pm »
+1
For swashbuckler (1h without shield) convert more skill points, since you don't need shield skill. For example, 27/12.

Offline Tybal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • I live... again!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tybal, Rafesan
  • IRC nick: Tybal
« Reply #721 on: August 26, 2013, 07:53:41 pm »
im looking for some advice on how to make a build. basically i went to this thread and decided to go with the 24/15 build for polearms with 5 IF, 8 PS, 5 ATH, 5 WM and max out polearm.
now the problem is this, i found a liking to the war spear with a shield to play support and swap the shield to the back whenever im not against archers or in a clusterfuck. for this purpose i put 2 points in shield (since i noticed that one point was practicaly worthless since the shields are crap) now i would like to know what my options are down the road with this, should i take the 2 points out of iron flesh ? or should i convert less skill points to increase the skills i have ? like going for less than 24 str gimps my power str but would allow me for more hp and better shields, but is that a good idea ? and if so how much str should i get ?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #722 on: August 27, 2013, 09:29:26 am »
+1
21/15 is the default hoplite build, what you are mentioning in particular. (7 ps, 7 IF, 5 ath, 5 WM, 5 shield)

howver 24/15 is valid choice too, just you get shield instead of ironflesh. at level 31 and higher you can pump ironflesh again though.

it is all a matter of choice
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Tybal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • I live... again!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tybal, Rafesan
  • IRC nick: Tybal
« Reply #723 on: August 27, 2013, 11:28:30 am »
allright the 21/15 hoplite sounds really good ill give that a shot, thx!

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #724 on: August 30, 2013, 06:41:33 pm »
+2
i need some help...

i want to try a good solid build with
1h - no shield - sword build.

any suggestions?

tnx

30/9 accept no substitutes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 01, 2013, 07:48:06 pm »
gonna lvl up to 33 in 400k xp wat wpf to improve

gonna have 21/18 7 ps 7 pt 6 ath 6 shield 6 vm 125 throwing 100 1h

pls help

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #726 on: November 01, 2013, 07:55:45 pm »
+5
I'm pretty confident that agility 1hander could work as long as you max WM and put all of it into 1h. It makes extra attacks easier to land, you move quite fast with shorter weapons, and there are plenty of extra slots to carry a blunt/pierce sidearm.

I don't know why, but 18/21 1h no shield was the build that I performed the worst with, compared to 21/15 and 24/15 shielder and 15/24 1h no shield . I didn't feel fast enough and I just felt weak in comparison. I performed much better with 15/24 since I was able to at least avoid sticky situations. I think there is a magical point that once you start stacking a lot of athletics and agility, you become amazingly more effective since you still move fast even with a bit extra weight.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 02, 2013, 03:39:05 pm »
I'm pretty confident that agility 1hander could work as long as you max WM and put all of it into 1h. It makes extra attacks easier to land, you move quite fast with shorter weapons, and there are plenty of extra slots to carry a blunt/pierce sidearm.

I don't know why, but 18/21 1h no shield was the build that I performed the worst with, compared to 21/15 and 24/15 shielder and 15/24 1h no shield . I didn't feel fast enough and I just felt weak in comparison. I performed much better with 15/24 since I was able to at least avoid sticky situations. I think there is a magical point that once you start stacking a lot of athletics and agility, you become amazingly more effective since you still move fast even with a bit extra weight.

so.. I should get more 1h wpf?

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 02, 2013, 03:53:22 pm »
If you have under 7PS, I think it's pretty important to have. The lower your PS the more important it is. You'll be fine with 6PS and medium/low amounts of wpf but I would say it would be more difficult in most cases if you're not a hybrid. The wpf damage increase helps alleviate the low PS and high athletics and wpf also lets you succeed with with hits that are easier to land.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 02, 2013, 03:53:47 pm »
If you have under 7PS, I think it's pretty important to have. The lower your PS the more important it is. You'll be fine with 6PS and medium/low amounts of wpf but I would say it would be more difficult in most cases if you're not a hybrid. The wpf damage increase helps alleviate the low PS. High athletics and wpf also lets you succeed with many quick hits.

I posted my build above... 7 ps

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 02, 2013, 03:58:03 pm »
That seems great to me, a ranged hybrid doesn't need that much 1h wpf unless you do a lot of fighting with your melee weapon. Are you leveling up from a level 32 throwing hybrid already? Sorry, my first post was just a general comment so I missed the post.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 02, 2013, 03:59:26 pm »
That seems great to me, a ranged hybrid doesn't need that much 1h wpf unless you do a lot of fighting with your melee weapon. Are you leveling up from a level 32 throwing hybrid already? Sorry, my first post was just a general comment so I missed the post.

Yeah I am, usally carry x2 jarids or throwing spear and 1h and shield so I use my 1h a lot

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #732 on: November 02, 2013, 04:12:11 pm »
What's a good mongol fast cav build polearm/1h but mostly polearms?

Offline Canderous

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 14, 2013, 05:58:40 pm »
Does the archers and horse archers guides work with the new patch?

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 22, 2013, 08:54:50 pm »
Does the archers and horse archers guides work with the new patch?
You should be able to have more wpf in archery with high agi builds, but I can not tell what happens if you decide to invest a few points into a melee proficiency.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D