Author Topic: Auto Block Hack At Work?  (Read 26617 times)

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
Re: Auto Block Hack At Work?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 12:22:34 pm »
I thought this game was safe from hacks in a way there aren't any hacks at all, and now ur tryin to tell me there are hacks in this game?? FFS bastards cheat in everything!!
But is there any actual proof to this conspiracy theory?! Has anyone actually been caught Hacking/Cheating/AutoBlocking/AimBoting in warband?
I was just wondering if anyone else had their suspicions about a possible blocking hack. In order for someone to be caught, people would have to be alert to the possibility. We know high end FPS and similar games with much higher production values have been hacked by cheats, but we refuse to believe an indie game modded by fans could possibly ever be hacked? I'm not saying I've caught anyone cheating, but I don't understand the people denying the possibility.

Also, read my OP: I'm not complaining that I'm losing fights to cheats (people don't need to cheat to beat me...) it's what I've seen when I'm already dead that made me wonder about it.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 12:48:13 pm »
autoblock would be fail if a guy feinted a load of times you would have to be pretty damn sure you held it at the right time :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 01:00:44 pm »
there have been speculations and rumours about auto-block cheats since about 1 1/2 years now. Dont listen to that, unless they have proof.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 02:34:01 pm »
I've played over a thousand hours and never seen anything like an 'autoblock hack'.

Not saying it's impossible. Just never seen it. Some people are just great manual blockers.

Offline Shpritza

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 42
    • View Profile
    • STEAM
  • Game nicks: Shpritza
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 02:54:06 pm »
I've played over a thousand hours and never seen anything like an 'autoblock hack'.

Not saying it's impossible. Just never seen it. Some people are just great manual blockers.

Let's just leave it at that so i can sleep better  :mrgreen:
trust no one, question everything

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 03:14:59 pm »
I used an autoblocker for quite some time.

It includes a toggler which allows you to cycle between opponents.

Feinting is no problem since the tool is able to determine the exact position of the opponents weapon. If its not close enuff, it simply wont react (as the creater said - easy to code).

Www.codehook.com

Register and find out.

xD Joke.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:19:06 pm by v/onMega »

Offline Shpritza

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 42
    • View Profile
    • STEAM
  • Game nicks: Shpritza
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 05:50:48 pm »
xD Joke.

Damn you, you had me there for a while...  :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
trust no one, question everything

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 06:09:34 pm »
Due to this tendency amongst most better players, I change my outfit constantly to appear as generic randoms.

Didnt even read past this.....I make my faces nondescript, neither nice nor freakfaces, and change my gear often. I have many "favorite" gears and weapons so I would do this anyway, but the added incognito abilities make it good.

at OP: LOL.  Blocking is single most essential skill, of course we can all concentrate and do it really well when pushed, we just stroll into most fights swinging at right time to catch the enemy, if he gets pushed by this but defends and shows skill, then you get into fighting rythm with him, if when you engage he Preempts you, either attempting or succeding to hit you first, you must very quickly turn that around so the enemy cannot make his advantage a kill, so you pull the stops out.

So: learn this OP, directly after being wounded is when an animal is at BOTH its weakest and its strongest: Succeed in pushing on and turn the wound to a fatality, the momentary stuns into a nice stunlock, but give a good player a milisecond to recoup and they will turn on you, snarling fury and flashing steel blades....and again into a combat rythm, but breaking thru a defense is much harder than pushing an attack, just as breaking thru a defense is also much harder than countering an enemies overextended attack.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 06:50:18 pm »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 10:25:27 pm »
Sure hacks exist. Ask Farmer_Nate. Aimbots, blockbots, hitbots... Ban dem fucking hackers.

More seriously: manual blocking is tricky, and there is a simple technical limitation to your "skill": the higher your ping, the more you are screwed, and the lower the ping of your opponent, the more. Simply because you react to swings that have already happened - meaning you are already dead while happily blocking in the correct direction and wondering why that hit you through your block... 
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Torak

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 5
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninjas
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Torak, Ninja_Ice_style, samuria_Torak
  • IRC nick: Ninja_Torak
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 10:29:12 pm »
HUSH YOU!

Don't tell them about the auto block hack!

MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

haha +1 :D

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 02:51:48 am »
As I said, people had pretty much convinced me that there were explanations for what appeared to be impossible reactions and movement-less blocks, but the more people keep laughing at the very notion of hacking, the more suspicious you get - it's like that Farside cartoon "When Dumb Animals Attempt Murder" with a dog saying "Definitely NO POISON in the glass nearest to you!"...

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 03:02:24 am »
That is because they are joking about the very notion of there being a hack. They are implying they are using it, text can be hard to understand unlike real communication :/
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 03:03:07 am »
As I said, people had pretty much convinced me that there were explanations for what appeared to be impossible reactions and movement-less blocks, but the more people keep laughing at the very notion of hacking, the more suspicious you get - it's like that Farside cartoon "When Dumb Animals Attempt Murder" with a dog saying "Definitely NO POISON in the glass nearest to you!"...

Hmm, I am convinced that there is someone using hacks, every game has them, so at the very least c-rpg should have attracted at least one by now. I don't think I have noticed however.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 03:06:52 am »
Hmm, I am convinced that there is someone using hacks, every game has them, so at the very least c-rpg should have attracted at least one by now. I don't think I have noticed however.
If there is, They are no better than an average dueler. The thing with this game is skill & reaction time trumps everything.
Lets say someone autoblock hacks to the correct direction everytime they block. If an enemy feints them out, they die when they think they can attack, etc.
Top players in this game use skill and decision making that a bot can't do.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.