Author Topic: Buff Franciscas  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Buff Franciscas
« on: January 16, 2018, 01:32:38 pm »
+3
Buff Franciscas please :)

Compare them to e.g. Javelins, and they're just inferior in every way,

https://imgur.com/a/WAQFg

https://imgur.com/a/v9aj0

Basically the same accuracy,
Much slower moving through the air (so a lot harder to hit your target),
Smaller model/length (meaning less chance to hit, as a part of the model has to connect with the enemy to damage),
Far far far less damage (37 cut against 32 pierce),
A lot slower to reload (21 against 17), so you can throw your next javelin a lot faster than your next axe,

There's just no reason to use them at the mo'

Please buff them :) at the mo' there's no reason to use them over Jav's

Suggestion: Maybe make them a bit more accurate and reload quite a bit faster than Jav's so there's a reason to use them
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 01:45:32 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
Re: Buff Franciscas
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 01:46:21 pm »
+6
TBH I still prefere francisca over jav.

more ammo, much less weight, and more effective against cav (unless elephant), which is my main enemy when playing a thrower in general. + It can actually be used in melee modus.

They are probably indeed overall weaker against the average enemy, but I guess we dont need to balance everything into one tier if theres cases which still make this one specific item more viable than the counterpart.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 03:42:58 pm »
+1
Throwing is so damn terrible it doesnt matter if you get buffs on fransicas anyways, its about as trashy as archery except you put yourself in more risk and completely gimp yourself to even use it.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:05:54 pm »
+5
Throwing is so damn terrible it doesnt matter if you get buffs on fransicas anyways, its about as trashy as archery except you put yourself in more risk and completely gimp yourself to even use it.

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 07:46:08 pm »
+1
IMO the strength of the throwing axes, particularly the franciscas, is their ability to counter other throwers/cav/archers better. i have an 18/18 thrower/shielder alt and I can carry a hand pavise shield and 18 franciscas (6 ammo per slot). Cav can only attempt to horsebump you, archers can only try to kite you (but u got a shield and ranged of your own) and other throwers, unless they are using axes as well, won't be getting through a shield. Plus CUT damage means your strength is against light armored opponents (ranged and horses).

also think of your melee ability when you have to engage enemy archers/throwers/infantry in melee. just give them a couple blocks/attacks, bait them into trying to s-key you since you're a shielder, and then S KEY THEM RIGHT BACK and throw axes back at them

shield thrower may have had some 'nerfing' done to it, but it's still more than viable, it's probably the best global counter-class (horse archers can't even do shit 2 u xdd)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 10:56:46 am »
Before I even looked at the pictures, I knew why your reasoning was flawed. Look at the difference in upkeep. Javelins cost twice as much. That's a significant change in the throwing catagory. Of course javelins are objectively better.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 04:54:16 pm »
Before I even looked at the pictures, I knew why your reasoning was flawed. Look at the difference in upkeep. Javelins cost twice as much. That's a significant change in the throwing catagory. Of course javelins are objectively better.

but everyone has basically unlimited money at this point :( so the upkeep doesn't really matter so much

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 10:19:37 pm »
+1
but everyone has basically unlimited money at this point :( so the upkeep doesn't really matter so much

That's a separate issue that needs to be addressed. Maybe if they removed gold and all need for it, items could be balanced differently.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 12:31:43 pm »
That's a separate issue that needs to be addressed. Maybe if they removed gold and all need for it, items could be balanced differently.

Regardless, having tried to use them for over a fortnight with various builds, and having tried various other throwing weapons alongside them and previously, I can confirm that they are utterly useless and just completely not worth ever using compared to the current META, Javelins (which are easily the best throwing weapon at the moment, and the only one you ever really see throwers get a vaguely positive KDR with).

Just a slight buff to Franciscas (and maybe throwing axes in general), just to make them actually worth ever using would definitely go a long way.

The buff I suggest is increasing the Accuracy and the reload speed (called Speed in the stats), to make them competitive with other throwing weapons

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 03:07:37 pm »
+1
just give them a couple blocks/attacks, bait them into trying to s-key you since you're a shielder, and then S KEY THEM RIGHT BACK and throw axes back at them

ahhh i raged just thinking about it, that's just such an annoying playstyle  :lol: if it works, it works thou  :rolleyes:

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 03:54:48 pm »
IMO the strength of the throwing axes, particularly the franciscas, is their ability to counter other throwers/cav/archers better. i have an 18/18 thrower/shielder alt and I can carry a hand pavise shield and 18 franciscas (6 ammo per slot). Cav can only attempt to horsebump you, archers can only try to kite you (but u got a shield and ranged of your own) and other throwers, unless they are using axes as well, won't be getting through a shield. Plus CUT damage means your strength is against light armored opponents (ranged and horses).

also think of your melee ability when you have to engage enemy archers/throwers/infantry in melee. just give them a couple blocks/attacks, bait them into trying to s-key you since you're a shielder, and then S KEY THEM RIGHT BACK and throw axes back at them

shield thrower may have had some 'nerfing' done to it, but it's still more than viable, it's probably the best global counter-class (horse archers can't even do shit 2 u xdd)

Yeah, so that doesn't work.

I tried a variety of builds, and by far the most effective was level 32 12/27, with which over a week managed to get around a 1.3kdr on, using iberian mace for melee damage (don't even try to kill an average player with franciscas in melee), 3 shield skill and 145 1h/throwing.

That's compared to my normal build of level 32 18/21 hoplite sword shield, with which i average ~~2-2.5kdr, everything heirloomed on both classes. Quite clearly the melee was a lot better. It's ~~ 3-4 franciscas to kill an archer, and sometimes ~~5-6 to kill normal tanky players. Javelins are usually ~~2-3 and 4-5, as well as being much much much easier to hit with, and you only get 1 more ammunition with franciscas to compensate for that (which is clearly not worth it). So again, no point in taking the franciscas (and tbh very little point in taking throwing in general; there's so much hate against archers, when's the last time you actually saw a player doing really well with throwing?).

I've honestly had cases, wearing almost no armour, +3 franciscas and 145 throwing, where i've missed 3 axes in a row stood ~~2-3 metres from someone who was stood still with the reticule right on them. It's ridiculous, they're just almost impossible to hit with, and when they do, they do practically no damage.

Just buffing their accuracy and reload speedwould go a long way to making them a viable weapon
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:59:53 pm by Corsair831 »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 08:02:46 pm »
+1
Ye, if axes had really fast throwing speed then they would be a viable option. A large issue with throwing is how long it takes to put down a shield, throw and then pull it up again.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 06:55:19 am »
ahhh i raged just thinking about it, that's just such an annoying playstyle  :lol: if it works, it works thou  :rolleyes:

of course i dont condone such action. it's just sometimes the server fills up with a bunch of little cucks and you have to cuck them right back

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 09:02:41 am »
+1
the biggest buff that throwing axes of all varieties could use is fixing whatever went horribly wrong that removed them sticking out from the bad guys when you hit them

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 12:58:51 pm »
the biggest buff that throwing axes of all varieties could use is fixing whatever went horribly wrong that removed them sticking out from the bad guys when you hit them

This ^

Also, they're impossible to hit so you don't really see that  :D