Author Topic: Fix list  (Read 32370 times)

Offline Penchik

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Be a Pyro! Burn the world!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Penchik
Re: Fix list
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2011, 01:34:31 pm »
I mean repair cost not chance. Everything from that is fine, except repair costs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
TROLOLOLING PYRO

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2011, 01:35:04 pm »
multiplier on siege can never go over 3* since u cant win as defender, so you cant afford as much upkeep as in battle

Offline Xtrah

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Xtrah
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2011, 01:37:03 pm »
NO! Make it at least 15%. I dont want tincans noobs again.

Lol, I disagree with you, they should only make their attack- and movementspeed alot slower. Balanced.

Offline Penchik

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2011, 01:45:33 pm »
They already nerfed tincans, because a weight of an armor decreases wpf by % not by number of weight. And expensive upkeep will force ppl wear lighter armor  :wink:
TROLOLOLING PYRO

Offline Zophos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2011, 02:02:19 pm »
They already nerfed tincans, because a weight of an armor decreases wpf by % not by number of weight. And expensive upkeep will force ppl wear lighter armor  :wink:

I seriously don't get that last bit, 'upkeep will force people to wear light/medium armor'. Then wtf is the expensive equipment for, if NOBODY can use it?

They should just make it so that 'tin cans' have disadvantages, not make it so that nobody can ever walk around in one, otherwise you might aswell remove every piece of equipment that people cannot 'keep up' from the game.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:03:57 pm by Zophos »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2011, 02:03:19 pm »
I seriously don't get that last bit, 'upkeep will force people to wear light/medium armor'. Then wtf is the expensive equipment for, if NOBODY can use it?
Everybody can use it, just not all the time.

Offline Penchik

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 06, 2011, 02:03:44 pm »
Its for mega skille players that dont lose and gain 2k gold per round.
TROLOLOLING PYRO

Offline Zophos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2011, 02:05:15 pm »
Its for mega skille players that dont lose and gain 2k gold per round.

That has nothing to do with skill? It completely has to do with what kind of team you're in, and autobalance will balance 'skilled' players to the loosing team aswell.

Edit: It doesn't matter how much kills you make, everybody gets the same amount of gold... only by the multipliers if you win allot of rounds. But that's complete bollocks as autobalance can balance you to the loosing side of the team.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:06:30 pm by Zophos »

Offline Penchik

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2011, 02:09:02 pm »
Look, skilled player kilss half on an enemy team, so he gets multiplicator every round and makes money for his gear. With the new fix it will be much easier to have high-end gear. And autobalance is not a problem for a good player.
TROLOLOLING PYRO

Offline XavierX

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: XavierX, Tycho, Javier, Zeus
« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2011, 02:12:32 pm »
repair dice roll: does not matter if you are on the winning or losing team.

Now you are encouraging people not to die, so they wont get damaged equipment. People will play much much more passively if this is instituted.

Disassociate upkeep with dieing, and make the percentage lower. Every round there is a chance you have to pay X amount of gold.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2011, 02:20:10 pm »
EVERYTHING SUCKS! EVERYTHING WAS MUCH BETTER 3 VERSIONS AGO! ALL CHANGES SUCK!
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2011, 02:21:15 pm »
Now you are encouraging people not to die, so they wont get damaged equipment. People will play much much more passively if this is instituted.

Disassociate upkeep with dieing, and make the percentage lower. Every round there is a chance you have to pay X amount of gold.

It doesn't say anything about dying ?  :?

It says dice roll, as in the random number that determines whether your item gets broken or not. :P

Offline cutsomecheesewithmybow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Hangover everyday.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dew
« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2011, 02:26:51 pm »
I agree with Penchik, things were never so much fun as of the last few days, new patch thingy is wonderful. I fear that noob calvary and flamberges will be back once the upkeep is reduced by 1/3.

My calculations for effective upkeep cost
NOW:
0,5 chance of loosing * 0,03 chance of damage * 0,2 repair cost = 0,003 upkeep per gold per round
HOTFIX:
0,04 chance of damage * 0,05 repair cost = 0,002 upkeep per gold per round
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:41:02 pm by cutsomecheesewithmybow »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2011, 03:31:50 pm »
break chance: from 3% to 4%

If my gear has only a 3% chance to break, then why does at least 1 piece, but more often than not multiple pieces break every lost round?

Or am I just really unlucky?

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2011, 03:37:39 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I really like the effects of upkeep and I'm using sarranid elite (20k). Good effects imo:

Firstly it will limit high end stuff. If there is a way to get it and retain it indefinitely every grinder will take it and then never take it off. 100% plate. If I am forced to spend 3 rounds in light armor for every round in heavy, this cuts down the heavy users to 25% (even more, since people will just run around in midtier stuff always instead) - that's also pretty fair since it is a pure PvP multiplayer game, if you want people to be easy kill for you you have to be easy kill for them at other time (unless you kick ass without stuff though :P (*)).

Add to that, it forces people to think about their equipment and playstyle. In fact, I added a 5k heavy weapon to the armor (started the char as light crossbow hybrid), when I noticed that I was charging the ruins against multiple enemies until my team caught up, so that we have the camper position. I'm a guy in fucking plate, if I sneak around to find peasants to "duel" instead of trying to change the odds in the thick of it, I have no right to complain about upkeep. And yes, I may still screw up often or feel let down by my team, but that's life. And it also works for classes. I bring my crossbow only when I use it, and when I think I'll shoot for most of the time, I'll take light armor and a cheap backup weapon. There's no need for a crossbowman having better armor and swords than the melee guys when they finally reach him with 2hp left.

Finally just by going a couple of rounds in cheap stuff, I seem to be easily able to afford the couple of times I pay 6k upkeep. Ofc if you stack every slot with the best thing you can get always and ever, that's going to see you broke.

I think what needs to be done is finetuning it with the different gear maybe.
Is 40k armor that much better than 20k to pay double upkeep, I don't know?
Or, should 1h be really that expensive? F.e. as crossbower I have no incentive to pick an 8k sword as sideweapon if I can be more effective with a 4k polearm, but it would be cool. So shield+1h equally effective and costly as 2h, but only 1h not that effective but also a good bunch cheaper.

edit: (*) Well, you could actually influence the system a wee bit in favor of players doing not so good. If someone dies often without kills he could get lower upkeep sneakily so he can compensate a bit.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:44:05 pm by EponiCo »