Author Topic: why friends are the reason racism exists  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: why friends are the reason racism exists
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 02:36:28 am »
You just lost all my respect, and hopefully you get in trouble for using the "N" word in the Subject of this thread... The ignorance...

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 02:37:09 am »
The problem with racism/prejudice etc. laws that partly restrict freedom of speech (that is, offenses that don't go further than speech, unlike job discrimination etc. that are very serious issues) is that even though individuals should be free to say whatever they want (they can be drunk anyway), we can't reasonably let neochocolate chip cookie groups chant racist slurs in the open.

This is what I'm trying to say. It's completely retarded to group everything under free speech like Tyr said, as if calling your friend nigga and inciting ethnic hatred were even slightly comparable.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 02:38:30 am »
Yes, it's fine for teachers in muslim schools to preach death to the infidels.

It's grand to have bible thumping halfwits carrying 'burn my old friend' signs at funerals.

It's lovely to have rich bastards raising a glass while New Orleans sinks.

Christ, what a bunch of fucking morons.

Exactly what I said : there is a problem. The line between what is hate speech and what is just random foolish xenophobic assertions like "jobless immigrants are lazy" and the like is blurry.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 02:39:07 am »
My opinion is people can say what they want in general. In regards to this game if someone owns a server or a forum and they have rules you have to follow them, even if the rules are unfair or don't make sense. Personally i believe in free speech and if someone is saying something i don't like i just ignore them, even if its bad.

Didn't read, just down voted, like majority of his crappy posts.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kuyamzoleta

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zoleta, WATCHOUT_SON
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2012, 02:39:40 am »
I think people get confused when it comes to free speech. There is a limit..you lose that right when you get to the point where you're intending to incite violence or to encourage hate between groups of people

People like Westboro Baptist Church couldn't operate in the UK, in fact they're banned from ever entering the country. You can say what you like, but there are common sense limits
Right. When people think "FREE SPEECH" they don't understand the laws built around the idea of free speech to protect the civil liberties of other citizens.

Sure say what you want to say, just understand that you're violating the same rights that are given to you.
"twerk miley miley twerk"

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 02:39:59 am »
racist! you hate Obama 'cuss he black! Racist! Racist!
How did you know!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 02:47:02 am »
meh to everything here.

what I want to know is if a black person makes a "racist" remark to a white person the white person cant say shit back?

also the way I see it is don't say shit others don't like and you will be fine.....at least that's what you can hope  :lol:
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 02:49:14 am »
meh to everything here.

what I want to know is if a black person makes a "racist" remark to a white person the white person cant say shit back?

also the way I see it is don't say shit others don't like and you will be fine.....at least that's what you can hope  :lol:

Some people have that particular way of writing about things that reveals a lot more on what they are than what they wish you knew.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2012, 02:50:31 am »
Racism is a problem, and it's very sad that people are so ignorant as to even use the racial slurs they do. Yes, some black people call each other the "N" word, and then they get mad if someone else calls them it. It's wrong that they call themselves that, but it does not give everyone an excuse to call them that as well. No, you can't just ignore an racist comment and "not let it bother you." You're calling other people oversensitive if they don't like racist things being said--just because you're not "oversensitive?" Black people (and many other different peoples) have suffered for a long time, and things are much better for them now than they were before. The fact that people just still use the "N" word freely and as like a joke or funny thing to say is definitely not funny; it's beyond disrespectful. Just because you're white and don't get most of the grief other races get doesn't give you the excuse to be so ignorant to other races, what they've endured and have to endure, and pretend that people can just ignore things like this. Yes, free speech should be allowed, but not speech that involves words and meaning that people have been trying to get rid of for so long and may hurt people emotionally... I'm not black, I'm half white, but I try to stick up for all people because it's right, and we don't need people that think like you do. Free speech--yes, hate speech--no.

tl;dr, you're wrong.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2012, 02:52:49 am »
Man fuck human beings.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Kuyamzoleta

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zoleta, WATCHOUT_SON
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2012, 02:57:30 am »
Racism is a problem, and it's very sad that people are so ignorant as to even use the racial slurs they do. Yes, some black people call each other the "N" word, and then they get mad if someone else calls them it. It's wrong that they call themselves that, but it does not give everyone an excuse to call them that as well. No, you can't just ignore an racist comment and "not let it bother you." You're calling other people oversensitive if they don't like racist things being said--just because you're not "oversensitive?" Black people (and many other different peoples) have suffered for a long time, and things are much better for them now than they were before. The fact that people just still use the "N" word freely and as like a joke or funny thing to say is definitely not funny; it's beyond disrespectful. Just because you're white and don't get most of the grief other races get doesn't give you the excuse to be so ignorant to other races, what they've endured and have to endure, and pretend that people can just ignore things like this. Yes, free speech should be allowed, but not speech that involves words and meaning that people have been trying to get rid of for so long and may hurt people emotionally... I'm not black, I'm half white, but I try to stick up for all people because it's right, and we don't need people that think like you do. Free speech--yes, hate speech--no.

tl;dr, you're wrong.

I use the n word as a brotherly term of endearment all the time mah niggaaaaaaa
"twerk miley miley twerk"