Author Topic: Guys... I am presenting you... *drumrolls* SNIPER CROSSBOW RETICULE AT 171 WPF  (Read 4075 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Ok, here we go.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MW Sniper Crossbow, 172 wpf. Didn't take screenshot of character stats window, but you have to believe.

Anyway:

Sniper crossbow, 171 wpf. This time i took a screenshot:

It is the only way to destroy the myth about sniper crossbow being less accurate than other crossbows.

Have fun!

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
OMG NERF

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
Its not even super accurate :D
No need to nerf

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
you dont even need wpf to shoot fine, only nice for reloading time

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Okey..?
Monkeys!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
I can kill a little myth about crossbows while we're at it. Some people seem to think that weight doesn't harm crossbowmen. Wrong. Look at this:
All screenshots are done with MW Arbalest and 180 WPF.

Studded Leather over mail (13,5), Helmet with Lamellar Guard (1,8), Mail Gauntlets (0,5) and Splinted Greaves over Mail (2)
(click to show/hide)

Same thing, zoomed
(click to show/hide)

Rawhide Coat (1), Woolen Cap (0), Leather Gloves (0) and Hunter Boots (0,3)
(click to show/hide)

Same thing, zoomed
(click to show/hide)

Edit:
you dont even need wpf to shoot fine, only nice for reloading time

Yeah right..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:57:07 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
that is enough aim for headshots at 200 yard...

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
that is enough aim for headshots at 200 yard...

Yes, it's a quite brilliant crosshair. I can snipe all right, but the crossbowman class is purely situational. I have 0 power strike, 12 body armor and a slow-ass reload. If I'm not left alone, do I have any chance at all?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
How i wish my MW strongbow had this aim, and could hold it for 1.5 sec, and not only 0.5.  :(

Okay, you have it, i'll make an xbow character next gen ! (they're so more usefull than archers in tournaments imo)

And thanks for the feedback and the screenshots. Really nice eternal aim there.

Also, i HEARD that xbows, even if inaccurate, tend to hit in the middle of the crosshair pretty often, if you hold it for at least 2sec. Is it just a speculation or is it true that you have less "strange" hits than archers who shoot too late, for example ?
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
I confrim Gurnisson post about xbow accuracy. The heavier armor you have, the worse is your aim.
This is not fair. Xbowmen are not archers and are supposed to wear heavy armor.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
Also, i HEARD that xbows, even if inaccurate, tend to hit in the middle of the crosshair pretty often, if you hold it for at least 2sec. Is it just a speculation or is it true that you have less "strange" hits than archers who shoot too late, for example ?

Depends really. Masterwork one do it less though, but I've had my fair share of bolts draw to one side or the other of a guy's head during my time as a crossbowman. Also, feel free to join our little group of dedicated crossbowmen. You'll soon discover the downsides of being one though. Yes, the aim's very good when you don't drop points in melee capabilities, but there's a reason why a crossbowman needs their melee weapons more than archers. The reload time is a pain in the arse. You'll never be spamming head shots in the middle of your attack group, you'll scout the map for places you can be on your own, because that's where the crossbowmen are effective, at peace, in cover, a decent distance from the battle itself.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Yep, i know Gurnisson. I played an 1h/shield-xbow hybrid a while before, and didn't do too bad with it.
But the way it is now, playing an archer is playing a constant fear character, and i always get trumpled by cav. At least, with xbows, the time you take to reload can be spent effectively to look across you. Xbows don't have tunnel vision, contrary for mid archers, wich helps a lot.
And... i believe i can make cav fear me more if i use an xbow than a bow. I may be wrong though, we'll see that in the battle field. ;)

And also, i like having decent PS and wpf in melee for my archer, so doing a xbow seems a good choice for an hybrid range. Bit fed up of having ro tun with 8 athletics just to jump shoot at the guy following you. Even more since athletics seems less viable that it once was. I'll join the xbow/2h crowd next gen, definitely !
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
My crossbow/shielder hybrid is currently more accurate than my archer character. Currently my shielder has 99 wpf in crossbows, and often wears plate. My archer has 130 wpf in bows,  and never wears more than nomad armor.

ATS_Native did a great post about this a few weeks ago, which for the most part was ignored, outlining these exact findings. Crossbows are much too accurate right now.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Gildiss

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Goldline.com
    • View Profile
I confrim Gurnisson post about xbow accuracy. The heavier armor you have, the worse is your aim.
This is not fair. Xbowmen are not archers and are supposed to wear heavy armor.

Kiss my ass. The crossbows all do pierce damage and the reticule never shifts and can be held forever.
Wear lighter armor like every other ranged weapon user.

Deal with it.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
They also have less ammo, and take 3 weeks to reload each shot where you are stuck standing still with your ass in the air for raping.  The other ranged guys get to run and spin-jump like fairies.
So x-bowmen should get heavier armor
Deal with it.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?