Author Topic: Suggestion about looming/generation and levels  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
Suggestion about looming/generation and levels
« on: April 14, 2011, 05:42:38 pm »
First of all    lower the level   soft cap,     i have loomed everything and  pretty much there is nothing else to do after loomed the equip, since  after reach lev 35  the 36  is impossible.(take months) i  suggest to raise the soft to 40. (that still not make ppl able to do everything )              basicly make lev 40 like 200ml xp.      (a little more of what is now  lev 36,  (140+ ) 

personally  i think that leveling is part of the  developing side of a char (also a fun part),  an aim for play and a good   sobstitute target  for player when there is no strategus around, otherwise only option is  retirements.   (also if ppl chose to not retire but aim for lev 40.      loomed stuff become less powerful and important)

and trust me we losed that  "growing side"   in crpg a lot. with this soo hard soft cap.

Second
I am a well know  generation grinder, so i talk with a bit of experience in this field,     main problem is,   loomed stuff is not op, is a small bonus, they become  a big bonus, when you can loom your entire equip.     (like i have do )      becouse you  add   many small bonus together, and  become a big bonus,   when      by retiring you can retire faster.  that will  end to a  vicious circle where who have many gen , get more andmore    bonus, leaving the others  faar and faar behind.

so my suggestion is.

make     fist 6 gen FASTER.  (like theyr bonus value double  from gen 2 to 6)  so ppl  can    fill the generation gap   faster.     so we not see ppl gen   1 and ppl gen 30.      ( by having first 6  gen faster they can loom  mainly theyr weapon-armor-   so they can pretty much even the tank or the dmg bonus of the guys with much more loom )

Now about the generation system.       for slower it   i suggest to      stop the xp bonus  on gen  10, and from gen 11 to 20  give an upkeep bonus.   
and after gen 20 you get only your loomed stuff but no extra  upkeep or  xp bonus.
(that will stop also the grind since will not have more sense, unless ppl wanna get more looms wich will not rappresent a balance issue)

with this system and a softer cap levels. we give to new player and casual player, or player who not like to grind,  2 option.

1) grind more faster levels and retire  (for avoid smart ppl who think they can  remain at gen 6 and use double xp bonus for reach higher levels, just remove the double bonus when someone reach lev 31+ )

2) retire   and get your first loom  faster  who make them able to match the high gen player, at list in terms of    dps/tank  (loomed weapon/armor)

it is also more user friendly, since allow new player to play faster, and get equip fast. it also not remove anything from old player.

And also we give   to old player opportunity to  use better equip, distinguish better themself from new player, but not in an unbalanced or unreachable way.
it also stop the    looming proliferation,       and important.    by removing the big  hole that there is between owning 1 loom gen 3-4 and    10  gen 30.

so resume:

gen 2-6  +20% x gen xp bonus  (from lev 1 to 31  max)
gen 7-10 (+10%) xp gen bonus   all levels
gen 11-21  +2% gold income   (so max +20%     that means 300g at x5 instead 250g )
from gen 22 to infinite no  xp no gold bonus only    + 1 loom
softer level cap to 40.   (together with new  double slot weapon it will not rappresent a game balance issue, or multitasking chars )

ps: this suggestion will also remove  that  horrible and tedious things that is removing looming time to time only for re balance the situation, who is an annoyng things to do toward ppl who played a lot and also is only a temporanely remedial to the problem

if you have read everything,   and you are making the patch imho only things that mod need at moment  about fix, is   sidesword (little less dmg)  throwing in general -30/35% dmg  ,  and  no crushthrue from baremace/ironmace., and buff on nordic champion (+ dmg) for give it a sense to exist.

since strategus will take much time imho,    a softer cap, and a faster retirement/xp for  low  gen ppl    will make happy not only  new player but also old player who will have something to do (develop theyr char)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:44:54 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion about looming/generation and levels
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 05:53:48 pm »
just an add of last moment:  for avoid this stupid balance  based xp gain  and  also for  remove leechers, we should  make the general xp  (min based)  an hyrbid between  general xp gain and  xp gain by kills

i was talking with dave in  ts and it exited this idea inside my suggestion. that ppl chan chose gen by gen    if  they wanna  xp bonus or upkeep bonus. (with a max stack of 10x time for each )     
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:06:23 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 06:18:33 pm »
Err.. you want to bring back level 40s?
why?
lol xD

don't take offense but this seems really stupid & somewhat similar to the last crap patch where lvl 40+ were going around with 250+ wpf in full plate with 8 athletics and 9 power strike. (not even taking into account the WPP being carried over after retiring blah so dumb) Being lvl 40 was a problem, that's why the cap was added in... Sure it took forever to get to lvl 40, but you don't balance things based on time to achieve because time is infinite so that means someday everyone will be lvl 40+ and no new player is going to dig the whole "I have to grind for 3-4 months to get to lvl 40 to compete with the other lvl 40s, but I won't have any heirloomed items because I couldn't take the time they did to heirloom every one of my items, but at least in 3-4 months I will be lvl 40 and have a better chance."

so I give this suggestion a big N-O.

"make     fist 6 gen FASTER.  (like theyr bonus value double  from gen 2 to 6)  so ppl  can    fill the generation gap   faster.     so we not see ppl gen   1 and ppl gen 30.      ( by having first 6  gen faster they can loom  mainly theyr weapon-armor-   so they can pretty much even the tank or the dmg bonus of the guys with much more loom ) "

I like this suggestion, to help newer players & people who have alts close that ridiculous gap.
still say NO to level 40s though for obvious reasons lets not have a repeat of history, I still have nightmares of people in full plate out swinging me, out running me, out damaging me, and out lasting me while I run around in cloth armor thinking it makes me fast xD

Level 40 (4 552 910 336 xp)

Strength: 24
Agility: 21
Hit points: 75
Converted: 0
Ironflesh: 8
Power Strike: 8
Shield: 4
Athletics: 7
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 7
Weapon Master: 7
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 174
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

LOL that is my lvl 40 build without converting any skill points (decided to put it into throwing & shield. just to show how OP lvl 40s would be compared to lvl 30s, lvl 20s, lvl 10s, lvl 1s.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:25:15 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:23:49 pm »
Err.. you want to bring back level 40s?
why?
lol xD

don't take offense but this seems really stupid & somewhat similar to the last crap patch where lvl 40+ were going around with 250+ wpf in full plate with 8 athletics and 9 power strike. Being lvl 40 was a problem, that's why the cap was added in... Sure it took forever to get to lvl 40, but you don't balance things based on time to achieve because time is infinite so that means someday everyone will be lvl 40+ and no new player is going to dig the whole "I have to grind for 3-4 months to get to lvl 40 to compete with the other lvl 40s, but I won't have any heirloomed items because I couldn't take the time they did to heirloom every one of my items, but at least in 3-4 months I will be lvl 40 and have a better chance."

so I give this suggestion a big N-O.

"make     fist 6 gen FASTER.  (like theyr bonus value double  from gen 2 to 6)  so ppl  can    fill the generation gap   faster.     so we not see ppl gen   1 and ppl gen 30.      ( by having first 6  gen faster they can loom  mainly theyr weapon-armor-   so they can pretty much even the tank or the dmg bonus of the guys with much more loom ) "

I like this suggestion, to help newer players & people who have alts close that ridiculous gap.
still say NO to level 40s though for obvious reasons lets not have a repeat of history, I still have nightmares of people in full plate out swinging me, out running me, out damaging me, and out lasting me while I run around in cloth armor thinking it makes me fast xD

there is nothing to do after you loomed your stuff.  and you are lev 35 (only possible reachable level)

with no more wpf     bonus and with current   wpf formula  be lev 40  will not  be op like was in the past.      it give  something to do to the ppl.

for a gen 1 guy even make 33 or 34 is almost impossible.  so he have only option to retire, than retire, than retire and again and again., than someone QQ about loom and het get   removed some looms,        we lack also strategus.   so we are losing all sense to play.
you cant grow a char.
you grind  5x time more than in the past.  , and when you have grinded some  noobtard whine  is op (becouse he not wanna play that much ) and all restart again

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »
there is nothing to do after you loomed your stuff.  and you are lev 35 (only possible reachable level)

with no more wpf     bonus and with current   wpf formula  be lev 40  will not  be op like was in the past.      it give  something to do to the ppl.

for a gen 1 guy even make 33 or 34 is almost impossible.  so he have only option to retire, than retire, than retire and again and again., than someone QQ about loom and het get   removed some looms,        we lack also strategus.   so we are losing all sense to play.
you cant grow a char.
you grind  5x time more than in the past.  , and when you have grinded some  noobtard whine  is op (becouse he not wanna play that much ) and all restart again

LOL that is my lvl 40 build without converting any skill points (decided to put it into throwing & shield. just to show how OP lvl 40s would be compared to lvl 30s, lvl 20s, lvl 10s, lvl 1s.)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 06:28:05 pm »
& there's lots to do in this game..
It's not just about retiring over and over heirlooming everything so you can have the tiniest advantage over anyone else..
That's just silliness, try playing a game to have fun instead of min/maxing everything you possibly can for the tiniest advantage over others.

IMO they should remove all heirlooms because it's screwing with everyone's brain, they have forgotten that this game is to be played for fun, it's not a race to get the best weapons and armor xD
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:29:39 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 06:37:58 pm »
it is about fun, i agree, it's not a race to get the best weapons and armour, though my build restricts me to 1 iron flesh, i have medium tier armour, now i have heirloomed that armour i can take a few more hits, which means i don't die as quick, meaning, more fun for me, so in my oppinion, heirlooms add more to the fun...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 10:05:56 pm »
agree with v6( :P )
but no for lvl 40...

with you loon everything and that lvl(+steal pick and huscral shield/steel shield) players of you kind will BIG PAIN IN ASS.

1- make game easier for new player
2- nerf poleaxes (stun+bonus against shields+damange+weapon length)
3- limit for loomed items

IF LVL 40 so

my xbow GraveFlower

* Strength: 15
    * Agility: 35
    * Hit points: 60

* Converted: 10
    * Ironflesh: 5
    * Power Strike: 5
    * Shield: 0
    * Athletics: 10
    * Riding: 0
    * Horse Archery: 0
    * Power Draw: 0
    * Power Throw: 0
    * Weapon Master: 11

* One Handed: 1
    * Two Handed: 113/1
    * Polearm: 1
    * Archery: 1
    * Crossbow: 190/203
    * Throwing: 1

thrower EpicTroll

* Strength: 30
    * Agility: 15
    * Hit points: 85

* Converted: 0
    * Ironflesh: 10
    * Power Strike: 10
    * Shield: 1
    * Athletics: 5
    * Power Throw: 10
    * Weapon Master: 5

* Two Handed: 1/120
    * Crossbow: 1
    * Throwing: 160/120(and you now all complain about thrower/2h)

RebelYell 2h

* Strength: 24
    * Agility: 24
    * Hit points: 75

* Unused skill points: 3

* Converted: 6
    * Ironflesh: 8
    * Power Strike: 8
    * Athletics: 8
    * Weapon Master: 8

* Two Handed: 157
hmm now i want lvl 40!

ow and spamers

* Strength: 15
    * Agility: 33
    * Hit points: 60

* Unused skill points: 4

* Converted: 6
    * Ironflesh: 5
    * Power Strike: 5
    * Athletics: 10
    * Weapon Master: 11

* Two Handed: 205/1
    * Polearm: 1/205
beware SlegsHandler incoming...

so.... NO for lvl 40... and archers bulid? Good save the Queen.

... don't even think about HA................. wrrrr
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:31:37 pm by Rebelyell »

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 10:56:32 pm »

you ralized that you need 200ml xp ?

and even now  lev 36 for me  a gen 340950480534       means  1,5 months of grind 8h+ day ?

dunno what gen you are but lets say you are gen 10 and you play 8h day.  you will ned  4/5 months+ for do  lev 40   at 200ml xp

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 11:40:12 pm »
yea but after that.... you know BPIA

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 03:20:47 am »
Mmm 10 pd and 170 wpf wit warbow mmmmmm sounds sexy
Pock gobblers

Offline weight

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Fatty
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 04:22:17 pm »
So now that you've heirloomed everything you need, you want to make it harder for other people to do the same. And since you aren't retiring any more you want to raise the level cap...

Makes perfect sense

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 04:41:13 pm »
So now that you've heirloomed everything you need, you want to make it harder for other people to do the same. And since you aren't retiring any more you want to raise the level cap...

Makes perfect sense

if you cant read is your fault.

i suggested to make it faster not slower

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 05:24:00 pm »
You triple heirloomed all your equipment and you are lvl 35? Thats sick. What generation are you? Do you realise that there is other stuff in life than playing crpg? I heard theres a nice thing called outside.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:29:09 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 05:30:12 pm »
You triple heirloomed all your equipment and you are lvl 35? Thats sick. What generation are you? Do you realise that there is other stuff in life than playing crpg? I heard theres a nice thing called outside.

like what?

i am a program if you turn off the server i die