Poll

Do you approve?

Yes.
10 (52.6%)
No.
5 (26.3%)
Yes, with some slight changes which I'll post bellow.
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Zlisch siege fixing fucking suggestion  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Zlisch siege fixing fucking suggestion
« on: May 12, 2012, 07:47:52 pm »
+5
...Part One...
...Waves...
Here's how I think siege could be made a lot more fun, first of all, make people spawn in waves, make those waves by 30 seconds for attackers, and 30 seconds for defenders, make balance work so attackers get twice as many people as defenders... now increase rounds to 30 minutes each, make each map only have one round in total, increase upkeep % appropriately...

...Part Two...
[/i]
...Fixing CS shit...

Make catapults work against walls, enable ladders, weapon racks, and forward bases. Make CS sites break in two hits by most weapons, but allow for players to spawn a few barricades with varying health and shapes, make them each require a CS only, add a new kind of weapon rack, an indestructable uncreatable one, which can only be placed from the scene editor, enforce that all siege maps must have at least one of these for attackers and defenders.
BTW: ADD A BALLISTA!

Change how ladders work: First of all most of them need to take three slots, with the largest one taking an entire four, and the smallest one only taking 2. Do so that they require at least one person at the bottom of the ladder, not standing on it, activating it by holding F, for every two guys on the ladder, if this is not the case then the ladder will break after three seconds. Now, also do so that if there are more people at the upper side of the ladder pressing F on it, than on the bottom side the ladder will fall, spawning an equipable "damaged X (X=ladder type) ladder on the ground, a damaged ladder can be put up again, but got half HP, and if broken breaks for good.

...Part Three...
...Maps...

With these changes you could expect engineers to become much more common, as in, common enough for devs and map makers to balance their maps expecting at least five people willing to use CS shit and/or ladders, and due to how the spawn time, map time, and spawn wave changes would affect the game mode you'll need new much larger maps, with balance around logical attacking and defensive strategies instead of random chokepoints the map maker wants to add, so this would require pretty much all current maps to be removed.

...Part Four...
ADD BOILING OIL YOU CAN POUR ON YOUR ENEMIES FROM THE WALLS!!!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:49:42 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Akashi

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kurdistan
  • Game nicks: Narmin
Re: Zlisch siege fixing fucking suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 08:28:15 pm »
+3
I agree on Return ladder, but for the rest.. nahh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 09:16:43 pm »
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 10:21:26 pm »
lol at guy 1+'ing me but not posting anything or voting in poll.
BTW: AlexTheDragon I love you too.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 12:04:45 am »
well
some nice Suggesetion but all in all its just another call for some NEW GAME MODES.
what u suggest is simliar too Strat Sieges and remembers me of this Thread...

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,31702.0.html

such for siege...

many peeps of the community made similar suggestions , because they got tired of the plain Battel- and Siegemode and because they thought about the potential M&B gives which is by far unexhausted..
at the current state of crpg.
I think chadz baby was strat which also provide a mode just like u suggested zlisch (Siege with consites and atleast a bit of brainuseage) but it failed because its ,all in all, just too complicated.
If the Devs not already work at Project Asinus they should leave the Idea of Strat for now and focus at improved Battel and Siege modes.(also that was suggested before)
They got nuff ideas just of the active Community and the Stuff already is there but not implemented..
Also i think if they would do this ,CRPG can survive much longer even if there is an equal Rival with better Graphics.
Rageball just showed it... some guys i know just play crpg by Rageball ...
Many Vets lost the Fun because crpg stopped too improve into something new at what Creation they can be a active Part of.
While Strat failed more and more the Suggestions of the Clans where not heard by ze mighty Donkeyz.
They even started own Tournys and Clan Rankings while Strat was just not abel too be even On or balanced and showed how small n tight the Core of the Community is through Forum Dramas...
Instead of that it stopped too be a Mod and turned into a free2play Grindfeast....

got a bit off topic but whateva...

greetz OD

Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 12:15:07 am »
Some of these changes are cool ideas but would require many, many hours of programming and modeling to come true.  I just want weapons racks back.  T-T
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 12:18:19 am »
I like the oil idea.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 12:21:18 am »
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 03:26:58 am »
I'm all for it. I think Siege has gone in the wrong direction, getting smaller and more like team death match than a smart strategic game play.

I think it would be so much more fun to have it work like this.

But I would say that offence should get a shorter spawn time. Maybe 15 seconds against 30.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 03:47:28 am »
Here's how I think siege could be made a lot more fun, first of all, make people spawn in waves, make those waves by 30 seconds for attackers, and 30 seconds for defenders, make balance work so attackers get twice as many people as defenders...
No, just no. All I have to say besides that is attack generally always wins unless the defense is all strength plate crutchers or the attacking team is full of morons. As of the current siege defense should have more players becasue of the 30 second spawn time
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 06:14:33 am »
I win on defence all the time mcdeath... The team have to really spaz out, there are a couple of maps that IMO shouldn't be in there because they are far to easy for one team or the other but it's pretty balanced.

It's just a bit boring and good by so much more than it is.
Fammi un pompino!

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 04:12:23 pm »
BUMP

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 04:16:53 pm »
No, just no. All I have to say besides that is attack generally always wins unless the defense is all strength plate crutchers or the attacking team is full of morons. As of the current siege defense should have more players becasue of the 30 second spawn time
Ain't sure if you're aware of this but, my suggestion would actually give defenders a better spawntime ratio (due to only having one third of the players on the server but on the other hand spawning equally fast as attackers).

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 04:39:42 pm »
The time on siege spawns is fine in my opinion just the spawn location needs to be fixed. You always spawn away from the flag so its almost impossible to stop the attackers from capturing the flag. Also on one map I played on I spawned right next to about 7-8 enemys in front of me and about 5 behind me.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 12:07:48 am »
With the current maps most of the problem is people don't identify the actual choke points for the map.

I've forgotten the name of the map but it has a 2 tiered wall with a flag in the court yard 2 portcullis gates and a back door.

One ladder goes up onto the first wall section and a siege tower goes up to the first section as well. People always crowed the first section for some reason. It really doesn't work because if they push the back door you have haul arse across the whole map but more importantly it's really easy to get overwhelmed on the first section.

If the defence team lets the first section go and just holds the second tier at the ladder, the small stairs and the back door they should be able to win nearly every time ignoring of course the possibility that the other team will just be loaded with much better players. Only the back door allows more that one person at a time to get in but it can be surrounded from three sides + there are 2 points for range to fire from safely to cover the door from the outside and from the inside.

The other 2 locations have a tower that over looks them both + 2 other points that over look them independently. 3 Great mauls and some quality range should be able to shut that shit down 99% of the time.
Fammi un pompino!