Author Topic: Auctions - can't make the higest bidder. Always being overbid by 1 gold at once  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Lothar007

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I think I may have discovered an auction bug. I was trying to bid on a loomed item several times, but whenever a make a bid, say 1 gold over the highest bidder, I would be immediately overbid by 1 gold as soon as i click to make my bid.

I tried to make a bid several times and I overbid with as much as 500 gold, however as soon as I click the "ok" botton, my bid is not the highest bidder, even though I just made it. So unless another player is able to predict me making a bidder, and thus constantly overbid me by 1 gold at the same time as I place my bidder, I believe this is a bug.

Perhaps someone have developed a method to auto-overbid the highest bidder with 1 gold, so they are sure to win the auction???

Anyone else havning experienced this?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
You put up your maximum bid. I think it works like this: If someone has a higher maximum bid then you, then they will pay your bid + 1 gold.

Example:
Wooden stick up for sale.
Guy 1 bids 100 gold.
Guy 2 bids 500 gold.
Guy 2 now have the highest bid and will pay 101 gold.

Guy 1 increases his max bid to 200.
Guy 2 still have the highest bid and will pay 201 gold.

Guy 3 comes and bids 1000.
Guy 3 has the highest bid and will pay 501 gold.

Disclaimer:
I'm not totally sure this is how it works, but it seems to me to be like this. I just bid 115k on somethine (last bid was 50k+1gold or something) and I now have the highest bid with 60k+1gold.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lothar007

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I think you could be right.
 But the wierd thing is, that whenever I make a bid, the higest bid immediately becomes the value that I just bid + 1 gold. So if at first the higest bidder was 100 g and i bid 101 - then immediately the higest bidder becomes 102 g. Then I bid 500 and it becomes 501. Then I bid 7000 and it becomes 7001, but my bid is never listed as being the highest. Always someonelse has the highest bidder, and always this bid is equal to my bid + 1 gold.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Yes, because, as Jarlek said, he must have his maximum bid on an even higher amount that what you offer.
In his example, you would be at the second step. To get your bid to be the highest you would need to go over the maximum amount the guy has decided to go for. (the step when the guy 3 comes in in his example)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
I think you could be right.
 But the wierd thing is, that whenever I make a bid, the higest bid immediately becomes the value that I just bid + 1 gold. So if at first the higest bidder was 100 g and i bid 101 - then immediately the higest bidder becomes 102 g. Then I bid 500 and it becomes 501. Then I bid 7000 and it becomes 7001, but my bid is never listed as being the highest. Always someonelse has the highest bidder, and always this bid is equal to my bid + 1 gold.
What if there's already a guy who has 1 000 000 bid? You're basically still making bids that are lower than his maximum bid, so it always ends up with your bid +1 gold.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lothar007

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ahh ok now I get it.

I just thought that the whole idea of an auction was to be able to actually know what the highest bidder was, and then make a higher bid yourself.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
nah its ebay style
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DedMan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I'm confused about this. It says the max bid is 300 but that's how much I just bid on the item, but it says I'm not the highest bidder even though I placed the highest bid.

Highest bid:301 gold (3 bidders)
Time left:2 days, 1 hour and 3 minutes
Maximum bid:300 gold
You are not the highest bidder

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
The highest bid is 301 though, that means someone did at least bid 1 gold more than you, tho more likely it's more than 1 gold.

There are/were 3 bidders, included yourself, so someone seem to have bid more.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
The point is that it doesn't actually show you the highest bid, it only shows the second highest bid +1.

So the only way to know the actual max bid is to bid more than whatever the present maximum is.

This was done to prevent auction abuse.

PS: when I first saw that, I thought it's some kind of auction bot.  :)

Offline DedMan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2
The point is that it doesn't actually show you the highest bid, it only shows the second highest bid +1.

So the only way to know the actual max bid is to bid more than whatever the present maximum is.

This was done to prevent auction abuse.

PS: when I first saw that, I thought it's some kind of auction bot.  :)
Ohhh, that makes more sense. Thank you :D