Author Topic: Bow choices for HA  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Bugz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Bow choices for HA
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:19:13 am »
Hi everyone, this is probably the first of many questions, but I'm hoping y'all can help me out.

What is considered the best for for a horse-archer?  I'm under the impression that it's between the Tartar and Horn bows.
I also picked up a Yumi early on, but it seems the low speed is a big detriment.  I'm really looking for one I can heirloom and not regret it.

Thanks all!

Offline Stylin_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valt_The_Duke_of_Disco
Re: Bow choices for HA
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:21:32 pm »
Very hard to go wrong with a horn bow.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 03:05:29 am »
+1
+1 for horn
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 03:06:46 am »
Horn bow.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:18:02 pm »
+1
Horn + Bodkins if you want to go for body shots
Nomad or Tatar with larger stack size arrows if you want to focus on headshots.

I have mw nomad and mw strong and both are great. I really have to alter my playing between the two.
For newer HA's I would say Strong for sure.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 01:25:26 am »
HA bows:

Nomad bow -----> Not my first choice, very little damage, BUT, if you want it, it will alow you to have a build with Horser Archery 5, not that bad if you can manage those headshots (10wn will sure help you) - I do not recomend this build as first build.

Tatar Bow -----> Since you cannot get a good build with HA5 with this bow, I'd skip it unless you want the looks or a hybrid build and are missing skill points somewhere else.

Horn Bow ----> my bow of choice, good accuracy, best missile speed on horseback, can get HA4 at level 30 ----> you can even go hybrid and spend some points in PS and still get HA4 at higher levels. Although HA3 will do just fine too.

Yumi bow ----> More damage than horn bow, better accuracy, best reload in game, WORST misile speed in game. Its a nice looking bow, but even with PD6 I would still use the horn bow. Although a loomed yumi will do fine imo. With a yumi bow you will be locked to HA3 for most of your gaming life.

I'd say Horn bow is the best for my money.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:26:27 am by Cris »

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 10:02:16 pm »
What are your thoughts on a tatar bow with 5pd? Is there a point in having more pd then required or should I just drop down to 4pd and save some skill points.

I use the tatar bow just because I've become very used to it, adjusting to a new bow  is too much work considering the time I play this game as an archer.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 10:46:10 pm »
What are your thoughts on a tatar bow with 5pd? Is there a point in having more pd then required or should I just drop down to 4pd and save some skill points.

I use the tatar bow just because I've become very used to it, adjusting to a new bow  is too much work considering the time I play this game as an archer.

You get better accuracy and can hold the aim for longer. Tatar and horn bows both have 97 accuracy, so you would only be missing out on the extra damage and missile speed. Tatar bow spams faster which can be an advantage depending on your play style.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to what suits you best, if you like tatar, keep it :) extra PD will help that damage so no need to drop it unless you reaaaaalllyyyy want something else with that skill point.