Author Topic: Ideas about Strategus factions bases  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Ideas about Strategus factions bases
« on: January 17, 2012, 12:23:30 am »
+4
I dont know if im the first to come up with this, or if its even a idea worth considering, but here goes.

I got the idea from Game of Thrones(very partially) where Starks guys fight the Lannister soldiers in the Kings landings streets. Well how about most clans creating their own Chapter in a town. The idea is really simple really. You can have 1 main base inside a big town, you can choose where you build it, but you can only have 1 per town. You can upgrade it, garrison troops etc in your own knights chapter.

Ofcourse 1 town can have many clans bases in em, but there is still 1 certain clan that dominates the entire town, like always. So lets say you have a hatred for a certain clan, and you cant chase em down(or too lazy) on the world map 1 by 1. Why not just take it to the streets and attack their base inside the town. By winning you get all the resources in the base and mybe break some upgrade they got in there. The point is, that there is lots more to invade, even if the towns are all taken and there is no problem for some clans not having a proper home :D  While in the town you get to see who has a base there and also have the option to invade it, that also removes the point that you might have to take the enitre town on.

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
Re: Ideas about Strategus factions bases
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 12:30:07 am »
so when a town have some clanbases and another clan attack the town all clans wit bases defend the town?
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 12:51:56 am »
Nope, the other clan only attacks one clans base they dont have to attack the entire town, taking the entire town should be like it is right now, only there is a extra option to attack a clans base once you are inside the town.. Thats the point really, you dont have to take entire towns, clans have a home and they can be a pain in the ass for the other clans this way.

There should also be a rentsystem or something, to keep a base in a town, you have to pay the clan/faction that dominates the entire town you have a base in rent. The base is where you keep your stuff and troops in, upgrades that speed your crafting speed inside the town etc etc.If a strong clan takes the entire town, they can either choose to increase the rent for all the faction bases or keep it the same as the previous owners(or better yet, choose who will have to pay more who will have to pay less). See where im going with this? The faction ruling the town and the factions that have a base in that town dont have to depend on eachother. If the town gets invaded, the clans with the bases there dont have to do anything(only when its their archenemy who will raise their rent skyhigh, than that could be quite annoying). Only when its the clans own personal base that gets invaded than they have to start acting.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:54:15 am by TiberiusX »

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 02:13:30 am »
I like your idea This is a great idea.

Big clans could fight each other over who owns the fiefs, smaller clans would fight over who owns property within the fiefs.  Instead of kicking everyone out of their territory and locking it down with 100 gold fees this would give big clans an incentive to let small clans stay and work within their territory, becoming their vassals in a way.

As it is now, even if they wiped strategus or went with a large map, the end result is probably going to be the same.  This system might help the game move past the stuff people are complaining about in this thread: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,24150.0.html

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 03:29:18 am »
Nice to hear, spread the word than. This idea isnt going anywhere if it ends up at the bottom of the suggestions thread pit. :mrgreen:

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 01:17:42 am »
This would be really cool if you integrated something like the productive enterprises from single-player.

Like you spend 10,000 strat gold and you can build a brewery base in a city. :P

This would add more economics and add some more strategy to map control.
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 01:46:26 am »
It would be cool if in the strat battle it set it in a street and had a limit of 10 vs 10 or something like that. So its basically just a grudge match.

I don't know about the whole getting loot and stuff from it, it might make it very, very complicated.

Maybe if you beat a clan in a street fight they get a 7 day debuff to crafting in that city or maybe a 5% increase on tax. So instead of getting actual stuff, you get to fuck them around a bit.

However it would need a speacial gear set up. Perhaps a custom lay out like in c-rpg, but with limitations on armour and weapon type. Like, no range, no pikes, no cav. Just swords or some such. Maybe everyone only gets to choose between rich man/nobel outfits.

Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 09:39:23 am »
It would be cool if in the strat battle it set it in a street and had a limit of 10 vs 10 or something like that. So its basically just a grudge match.

I don't know about the whole getting loot and stuff from it, it might make it very, very complicated.

Maybe if you beat a clan in a street fight they get a 7 day debuff to crafting in that city or maybe a 5% increase on tax. So instead of getting actual stuff, you get to fuck them around a bit.

However it would need a speacial gear set up. Perhaps a custom lay out like in c-rpg, but with limitations on armour and weapon type. Like, no range, no pikes, no cav. Just swords or some such. Maybe everyone only gets to choose between rich man/nobel outfits.

ya i suppose it would be like an infiltration mission only able to carry in a weapon an wear civilian cloths or like you were out on a stroll and decided to fuck up there shit and only carry your weapon at the time
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC