Author Topic: Something with .252 Please help  (Read 1090 times)

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Something with .252 Please help
« on: December 01, 2011, 03:48:38 pm »
When ever I try to install .252 It stops towards the end, there is something in there that keeps coming up as a virus to Macfree anti Virus. I was able to play other versions of crpg. There is something in this version that  my anti-virus does not like. There are other people with this problem. Whatever is in the new patch that is setting this off, can it please be removed. So some of us who still haven't played yet can get back on the servers.Here is the million dollar question that you devs are answering. What is in this version of Crpg that makes some anti-viruses act up, that was not in the other version.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Something with .252 Please help
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 04:07:49 pm »
Most likely just the new WSE version not being white listed by some AV tools yet.
Stuff that hooks into other processes which in this case would be the Warband process often trigger a false positive on the heuristic checks of those AV tools as the code could be potentially harmful.

So it's basically either ignoring it or waiting until your AV company white lists it again.

I think.
If not i am sure cmp will correct me :mrgreen:

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: Something with .252 Please help
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:09:19 pm »
mh, I don't think the devs have to find what makes anti-virus alarm, the antivir program should be updated by their programmers instead :P

Just use another another program. I for example use Avast and after 2 years it never showed wrong alarms so far.