Poll

Walkout until strat 4.0 or even just play skyrim and wait for M&B2 that will have all these features but better balancing?

Yes, chadz is a tool who doesn't realize how little people can trust his game after that.
65 (35.9%)
no, im  a UIF crony and like ugly hairy russians
116 (64.1%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Author Topic: Who else is seriously thinking of quitting after what chadz did to Fallen?  (Read 12938 times)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
Re: Who else is seriously thinking of quitting after what chadz did to Fallen?
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2011, 09:52:22 pm »
Fallen are pretty prominent over here in EU.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2011, 09:54:45 pm »
+1
We attacked a town, and only 1 or 2 people showed up to defend it. We can't help that. We also didn't know that the spawns in the map were not set correctly, which allowed some of us to actually spawn inside the walls and take down the defender's flags, since the defenders spawned outside of the walls. We had no control over any of that, and almost everything we got by taking that town was taken away from us by the devs (which was fair moderation), so we gained very little. I think we may have been trying to raid the town instead of take it too, but I forget.

However, when this incident was posted on the forums, many other clans decided they wanted to "test" the bug for themselves. The amount of town battles that were listed after that was absurd, and that's what killed Strat 2. Many of the clans that did that like to call FCC and our allies exploiters, but we're not the ones that brought down Strat. We just accidentally showed everyone how to do it.

well, it was TKoV who did it, i was the only FCC there :P
and the defenders spawned inside the castle, but so did the attackers, it didnt matter though since the attackers had 4 players and the defenders 1, and the attackers had a ramp directly into the town, and ladders.

also, it wasnt just that so many other clans decided to try to actually exploit by having allies sign up for defense (instead of getting lucky with lazy enemies), it was also the weird shit in the last day or two of strat when the upkeep got increased so high that all the armies went broke, and rather than losing troops they gained troops. i think tankmen (who was locked down by a delay army) went from like 3k to 30k troops before the wipe happened.

all in all, this strat has had a lot less high impact bugs, and not a lot of obvious exploiting, so thats a nice change. i still say this was handled poorly though.

About this. He is referring to the battle between Occitan Shinock and RubiconCrossed BRD.
I would like to know what happened here. We came and fought the battle (lost but wasted equipment/tickets). How did the server crash at the end with only 4 guys left? Then why did the battle reset for 3hrs later and you were notified and we were not? Why would it not go to the end of the list instead of going in the middle? Then on top of that... get a 2k meter leap ahead of Shinock? Not to mention all of a sudden Rubicon is carrying 90crates? Then gets to Dustril and reinforces it. Yet we could not reinforce Arrowaine 2hrs after he attacked. I watched the whole thing as I was there directly involved trying to stop this from happening.

Do not get me wrong. I am glad that Fallen was punished by the devs. But it just goes to show you... every big battle that we have with fallen or brd, something fishy happens that seems to go in favor of them.

ALSO WHY WOULD AN NA CLAN LIKE FALLEN HAVE THEIR NIGHT TIME CHANGED TO 6PM-2AM EST? THAT IS PRIME TIME FOR ALL CLANS IN NA ASSHOLES! Again another EXPLOIT!

oh boy. ok so... first off, you shoulda heard our TS when the server went down with only 4 enemies left... people were pretty pissed off and calling bullshit considering how awesome a victory we had scored.
secondly, it was an HOUR later, not 3.
thirdly, we knew it went down right away and were waiting for it come back up for an entire hour, because when we checked battle results, there werent any, and it was still listed on the battle list.
fourth, it has been mentioned multiple times that loki tried to go into your TS and tell you, but was unable because of password, also, the fact you had even 4 people show up was only because some of our guys were telling them in na1 that it was resetting.
lastly, we would have preferred the first outcome as it cost you a lot more troops, and we gained just as much worthwhile gear out of it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:58:23 pm by Matey »

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:12:22 pm by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Valdian

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis, Irish Band
  • IRC nick: Valdian
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2011, 10:08:58 pm »
Exploiters got what they deserved! Notice past exploiters starting this thread? Thank you chadz for intervening instead of wiping. PLEASE JUST End this thread!

They do Deserve this and as others said be lucky they didnt just take the village from you and left you some forces to Defend it with. I beleive this is a warning to all clans that try to use these flaws that the Devs wont take kindly to these Dishonorable Tactics  when they are still trying to fix the system so we can play the game and have fun.

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2011, 10:14:38 pm »
well, it was TKoV who did it, i was the only FCC there :P
and the defenders spawned inside the castle, but so did the attackers, it didnt matter though since the attackers had 4 players and the defenders 1, and the attackers had a ramp directly into the town, and ladders.

also, it wasnt just that so many other clans decided to try to actually exploit by having allies sign up for defense (instead of getting lucky with lazy enemies), it was also the weird shit in the last day or two of strat when the upkeep got increased so high that all the armies went broke, and rather than losing troops they gained troops. i think tankmen (who was locked down by a delay army) went from like 3k to 30k troops before the wipe happened.

all in all, this strat has had a lot less high impact bugs, and not a lot of obvious exploiting, so thats a nice change. i still say this was handled poorly though.

oh boy. ok so... first off, you shoulda heard our TS when the server went down with only 4 enemies left... people were pretty pissed off and calling bullshit considering how awesome a victory we had scored.
secondly, it was an HOUR later, not 3.
thirdly, we knew it went down right away and were waiting for it come back up for an entire hour, because when we checked battle results, there werent any, and it was still listed on the battle list.
fourth, it has been mentioned multiple times that loki tried to go into your TS and tell you, but was unable because of password, also, the fact you had even 4 people show up was only because some of our guys were telling them in na1 that it was resetting.
lastly, we would have preferred the first outcome as it cost you a lot more troops, and we gained just as much worthwhile gear out of it.

Okay well LOKI did not come into our ts before or after the REAL battle because I banned him from our ts earlier for coming in before a smaller battle and trolling Templar_Alpha and the whole ts. Even changed his name to Alpha at one point. Also you we wasted anything worth using so... no you didnt get "worth while" gear. So all of this is a lie! Also this does not answer half of the questions I posted so stop turning it around.
1. Why is night time in Dustril set 6pm-2am est?
2. Why did Rubicon get a huge jump on Shinock carrying 90 crates?
3. Why did the server crash with only 4 live ppl left and 0 tickets?
4. Why was the battle reset for only 1hr or whatever it was after the real battle?
5. Why did Rubicon have 90 crates when we didnt lose a shit ton of gear and he had 390+ troops?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:20:17 pm by Devestater »
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2011, 10:15:19 pm »
+1
OK Matey, you're memory is better than Mine.

As for last night's battle, I was honestly very surprised that Occ/Hosp players didn't stick around and even ask what was up on IRC like our side did. Nobody knew what was going on, why it went down, or what would happen when it came back up, though we were pretty sure we would have to restart the battle. Shik brought it back up after an hour, and after attempts to contact you guys were made.

I thought you would be waiting around for the server to restart like we were. On your TS trying to rally your troops. "We were lucky the server crashed! Here's our chance to fix what mistakes we made and try again!" Or something like that. I did not think you would be completely unprepared to fight it again. Wasn't anyone curious as to why it was still listed on the upcoming battles page? That it wasn't in your battle archive?

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2011, 10:16:29 pm »
Yeah DRZ did this to us repeatedly last strat, where they would have members without the banner on attack their own fiefs and then you would see those same guys with the banner on a week later.

This is funny because this is not true at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2011, 10:23:59 pm »
Yes -true.

Also, with the battle i had 3 MW hornbows on me at the end - all the archer spicked up tons of great gear from you guys and frankly the 2.5:1 k/d we were much happier with first outcome.  We thought you glitched it.  Instead you only lost 30 troops and very little gear that we got, because we capped the flag right away.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2011, 10:29:07 pm »
+2
This is why we often appeal to players conscience, fairplay and honour. And this also depends according to your.. 'social status'.

You know....they say that when words fail to describe the dismay there's always a /gnjuspalm.......but too bad i don't have enough of 'em in reserve for every occasion possible, such as this, so i will do my best to describe a real situation here, believe it or not:

(click to show/hide)

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2011, 10:30:44 pm »
3. Why did the server crash with only 4 live ppl left and 0 tickets?

The reason given on IRC: "Servers crash."

In what way is it convenient for us to crash a battle we are winning? Why would we want to lock Rubicon in place any longer than he had to be? He and Shinock were stuck while the server was down. We did not plan for a crash. We simply complained on IRC that the server was down after patiently waiting to see if it would restart itself.

You Hosp's are getting as paranoid as Kesh!

Offline arowaine

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2011, 10:31:21 pm »
OK Matey, you're memory is better than Mine.

As for last night's battle, I was honestly very surprised that Occ/Hosp players didn't stick around and even ask what was up on IRC like our side did. Nobody knew what was going on, why it went down, or what would happen when it came back up, though we were pretty sure we would have to restart the battle. Shik brought it back up after an hour, and after attempts to contact you guys were made.

I thought you would be waiting around for the server to restart like we were. On your TS trying to rally your troops. "We were lucky the server crashed! Here's our chance to fix what mistakes we made and try again!" Or something like that. I did not think you would be completely unprepared to fight it again. Wasn't anyone curious as to why it was still listed on the upcoming battles page? That it wasn't in your battle archive?

sorry we got a life and we sleep compare to you! we dont pass our entire life on irc sorry
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:38:21 pm by arowaine »

Offline arowaine

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2011, 10:38:02 pm »
Yes -true.

Also, with the battle i had 3 MW hornbows on me at the end - all the archer spicked up tons of great gear from you guys and frankly the 2.5:1 k/d we were much happier with first outcome.  We thought you glitched it.  Instead you only lost 30 troops and very little gear that we got, because we capped the flag right away.
sorry we are not cheating like some people are and not using any glitch we dont need it we can rape you anytime in a fair figth in any serveur.
want to talk about the rus bow you lose and also ligth strange armor and bysanthium helmet and all the 5X better gear then us ?LOl

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2011, 10:42:00 pm »
Regardless, the point of me posting my earlier post with the unanswered questions on this thread... Is that obviously there are still people exploiting for some reason. I guess they dont think the devs will punish again or again just after one? Or they really just do not care. The night time of Dustril being changed to 6pm-2am est time on an NA village is a blatant exploit. I do hope blatant exploits will continue to be dealt with. Honestly I just wish people would stop finding ways to break the game. chadz even said that this is a hobby. There is going to be bugs. I respect HRE as an enemy saying that they would never exploit a bug. How come the rest of the factions not be this way. Is it fun to win when you cheat? It is NOT FOR ME. Hospitaller Joins HRE on playing the game the way it is meant to be played. I hope more clans will post saying that they will join this cause.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:44:06 pm by Devestater »
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2011, 10:43:32 pm »
+2
sorry we got a life and we sleep compare to you! we dont pass our entire life on irc sorry

With an attitude like that, it's amazing you managed to sign up for the original battle, or any battle at all. You cannot mask ignorance with "I have a life". How did you manage to be on our TS an hour later? Or on IRC after the battle? Oh, the life you must have lived during that one hour the server was down. What did you do that was so interesting? Where did you go? Who did you see? In that one hour?

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2011, 10:50:05 pm »
+2

ALSO WHY WOULD AN NA CLAN LIKE FALLEN HAVE THEIR NIGHT TIME CHANGED TO 6PM-2AM EST? THAT IS PRIME TIME FOR ALL CLANS IN NA ASSHOLES! Again another EXPLOIT!

Wash your mouth "asshole"....if you would just read postings by other you might have noticed several of us said that Fallens are INTERNATIONAL!
I for myself am proud to be a non NA but EU  Fallen.

There is NO exploiting in setting my nighttime however it suit me....and if it does NOT suit you guys:

and here in a musical version only for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkE45O4BY28
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle