Author Topic: Castle test siege  (Read 1672 times)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Castle test siege
« on: September 11, 2011, 11:41:23 pm »
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming&battleid=1081

Okay, same thing except bigger and better. Since this siege will be quite a bit harder than the village battle, I'm going to take assembling the team a little more seriously, and require everyone to be on TeamSpeak. I'd like to ask the more experienced players to apply for my team, the castle probably won't have any trouble finding applicants. If it does, you can always reapply there after my team is full. Looking for players to fill all roles, including engineering! Again, it's EU, but I will probably hire some NA folks if they promise they can make the time. If you're not 100% sure you will be there, don't apply. We need to simulate a proper battle to get a proper result from the test, so we don't want any no-shows.

I will check signups on TeamSpeak 15min before the battle, anyone who doesn't show up gets replaced and we'll hope the other guy will make it to the siege. That being the case, I'd like everyone who applies for my side but isn't accepted earlier to recheck their hiring status 5min before the battle to see if they were accepted at the last minute. If you show up on TS while the checking is going on without being hired, you'll be considered first as a replacement. I won't be hiring anyone who bailed on me in the village battle unless they do this.

TS3 server: 85.236.100.27:11067 pw: fu

Again, we're testing the AI buying script and the gold amount. I made a couple of tweaks after the village fight, let's see how a castle will hold up. :)

For defenders: please make a note of when various items run out, and maybe tell me in-game over admin chat. I especially want to know if and when any item types (1h, 2h, xbow, arrow etc) run out before the end of the battle. It's less important if, say, the more expensive polearm runs out at some point, as long as polearms overall last until the end. Please only use the gear appropriate for your class, so no pure 2h players with xbows etc.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:32:55 am by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Castle test siege
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 03:35:05 am »
I'll be there too. I'm also familiar, although not pro, with the different siege equipment and could be an engineer.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline theero

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Served without sense of humor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Theero
  • IRC nick: Fallen_Theero
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 10:45:03 am »
Applied and made a promise to use TS if I'm in.
FALLEN WILL WIN EVEN IF YOU HAVE FLYING CARPETS AND FIRESTAVES!

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 11:11:03 am »
My team is still at half capacity, so let's get some more eager fighters over here!
Don't.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 02:27:55 pm »
Applied and made a promise to use TS if I'm in.
Same here.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 02:46:05 pm »
My team is still at half capacity, so let's get some more eager fighters over here!
Join okiNs great (test) army of WIN! Fight for justice, freedom and BUG EXTERMINATION!

APPLY TODAY (Literally. The battle is tonight so... xD)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 03:04:38 pm »
Still 11 slots, get yours before they run out. :)

I may do some reshuffling, but basically if you're still not hired within an hour of the battle, you can show up on TS 15-20min in advance and you'll have a good chance of getting a replacement slot.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:06:03 pm by okiN »
Don't.