Author Topic: EU Admin Applications  (Read 7147 times)

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
EU Admin Applications
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:32:54 pm »
+20
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We need more admins. Official EU Admins for the official servers and site admin stuff (name changes etc.).

Old thread is old and cluttered with tons of unnecessary stuff. In this thread only applications of people willing to become admins are allowed. No comment posts, just applications, or you will get muted. You can use the post rating buttons in the header area of each post to show your support to an applicant.

Only requirement for admins is good enough English skill. Admins need to communicate with the community and the admin team. IRC usage is also a semi-strong positive, makes communication easier. Admin experience from other cRPG servers or somewhere else might also be considered a good thing.

Edit: Let's make it bigger.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 03:37:40 pm by cmpxchg8b »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
Re: Admin Applications
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:45:47 pm »
Hello
I want to apply for the post of admin for the official EU servers.

Why would you wanna hire me? Well, you already know the drawbacks, so I wanna point out that:
-I know the rules of the game
-Im' used to the admin interface, both ingame and on the webpage.
-I know the EU community fairly well
-I'm in a clan with two other admins who could tutor me on how to admin
-I'm an active player, who are willing to spend the time required to make sure my admin decisions are fair and unbiased
-I don't let fractions and clans cloud my judgements, leading to unbiased admin decision based on their actions and not their clan-memberships
-I have a lot of administration-experience fram games like minecraft, c-rpg, as head or officer of clans in games like world of wanker... err warcraft, Age Of Conan and so on.
-Im already a  beta tester and is one of the most active people on both IRC-channels.
-Ive had over 150 people voting for me to stay as EU admin three times.
-You guys knows what you get, no surprises.
-I will follow the guidelines for administration, and not my own views on how to admin.

Also: This kitten is cute:

Im known as:
Guard_nuffen_of_nidaros
Guard_little_nuff_of_nidaros
Guard_Stine_of_nidaros
Guard_Lilith_of_nidaros
Guard_Angryman
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:37:35 pm by nuffen »

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
Re: EU Admin Applications
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:49:03 pm »
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:50:07 pm »
+29
I would like to apply for an admin position again. I believe that I possess the necessary understanding of the cRPG rules after administrating the former Shogunate cRPG server for a couple of months and I consider myself to be an active player.

EDIT: I feel my post is a bit too bare so I'll add some other information which might be useful: I have played cRPG for over a year and I have rarely caused troubles for either the players or the admins. I am fluent in English and Spanish and I can manage a bit of German. I am active in IRC and can also be reached through others means if necessary. I have past experience as a forum moderator and as a clan officer, I was also an admin for several private Ragnarok Online servers.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:29:42 am by Belmont »

Offline BULLDOG

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Nditions
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Hardsteppa, Byzantium_BD_BULLDOG
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 10:05:06 pm »
+58
I´d like to apply. Since chadz is in "big love" with our Clan^^ I´d like to show him the opposite. That most of our members can take responsibility and are a big help for the community. I´m owner of Nditions Duel Server (Native) and Nditions Multi Clan Teamspeak since more than one year. Also Admin on the old Shogunate cRPG Servers, active cRPG player since the beginning under the Nick  Hardsteppa.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:07:35 pm by BULLDOG »

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:12:26 pm »
+56
I'll submit an application.

I'd like to start off by saying that I've never been an admin before, but I believe I'd make a fairly good one. Been playing cRPG since last August, I think.
I'm calm, level-headed, fair and generally a nice guy. I usually play on EU_1 but I play occasionally on the siege servers aswell. And I'm frequently on the duel server.
I speak Finnish, Swedish and English fluently and also some conversational German.
I've never gotten in trouble with any of the admins, and I think most of them know me.
I'm also quite frequently on IRC.
Basically, if you pick me, I believe you wouldn't regret it.

- Khorin
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:21:23 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 10:29:22 pm »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:33:14 pm by POOPHAMMER »
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 10:30:46 pm »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:43:23 pm by RagnarLodbroke »

Offline Captain_Georges

• Count
  • Renown: 238
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • 0==[]:::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vangaboys
  • Game nicks: Captain_Georges
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:18 pm »
+33
Although I am sometimes known to be trolling, I belive that reasonable management of the EU servers is possible with certain people who know when it's gone too far. Sure I like to have fun and sure I may sometimes seem reckless, but when it comes to serious business I am very decisive and correct and several people can confirm that. Having a mild sense of humor is always good, since so far I've either seen admins being too harsh or not doing anything at all. I belive in a simple rule of punishing people - a strict Warn - Kick - Warn - Ban for every problematic player. A lot of admins nowdays are developing their own kind of "good cop" and "bad cop" personalities and they often stand out of the community. I myself was banned once for TKing, I'm not "innocent" but I understand the principles of managing a server since I was an admin on the Shogunate servers for a long time. I belive myself to be a good candidate for the position. Please vote or downvote, sine ira et studio.

EDIT :
-I can speak english, german, a little bit of french, and also croatian (a lot of people who speak that language and its similars, trust me ).
-played cRPG for quite a bit
-been an officer and leader for a long time, helped honing the rowdiest ragtag group of people into a fairly decent and effective clan (shogunate/byzantium)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:35:07 pm by Captain_Georges »
cRPG needs guns

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 10:49:23 pm »
Well figured I may as well give this a try!

I've admined for a tournament in the past. BFE-WaW to be precise. Was an admin on their servers for around a year in Battlefield 1942 Forgotten Hope mod when they had a player base of around 300-400 active players.

I respect the work that admins do and know that the job can be tough and decisions can be tougher. Especially when you get people whining endlessly at you. I believe that it is also best to have as many good admins as possible, and whilst there are some good admins on the EU servers, there are far to often periods of play where there are no admins at all on the servers.

I see the job as admin as that of acting as a neutral party. Although it is not always easy not to, you have to put personal feelings aside and act according to the rules, even if it's your best mate you're banning. You need a detachment from peoples insulting and you must remain level headed.

I am active on the servers and so can be there frequently to admin. Although I can be a little outspoken on the forums I've never had any real run ins with admins on the servers and have kept a clean record.

Offline Diego

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Kapikulu
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Diego, Go_Diego_Go, SoA_Sheriff, Templar_Romeo
  • IRC nick: Kapikulu_Diego
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 10:50:13 pm »

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 11:03:09 pm »
+9
Well I also want to apply for an admin position.

I think many people know me so I'm at least no unknown person applying for important stuff.

I play cRPG quite much, especially in the morning and night time, when uni starts again and what I have experienced over the last months is, that there is a big lack of admins during that time, but a high amount of people teamkilling/teamwounding, delaying the game, using bugs or whatever.
I really like the game and I hate it when people destroy it due to such behaviour.

As far as I know there have never been any banrequests against me on forums and I've never been banned by any admin because except for some 5 minutes trolling every few weeks, I stick to the rules of the game and I just want to shoot people :D

Usually I already check what people are doing when I'm dead or spectating and then I report them to admins because I really don't like it. But it would be much easier if I could handle things on my own.

I think I would make a good admin and I would really like to make this game better :)

Just to make it sure, after I had a talk to someone who misunderstood my application. I want to make sure people have fun and I wouldn't kick/ban everyone after 1 or 2 missteps^^
What I mean is that I want to make sure people are not constantly teamkilling or going to unreachable places or stuff.
I know everyone sometimes has his 5 minutes in which he likes to bother his clanmates ;)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:28:52 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Arked

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • You own every word you speak.
    • View Profile
    • ShogunateTV
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Arked
  • IRC nick: Arked
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 11:07:55 pm »
+32
Hello,

Arked reporting for duty. I would like to make the game more enjoyable for players on public servers. Im currently studying, that means i have plenty of free time. I try to be active on forum (take a look @ Alternative Bannerpack), have experience with administrating Warband servers, forum managament (especially smf based), mapmaking (some of my maps are on official servers). No history of bans, never warned ingame/forum. I think i could fit into admin team.

Arked

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Kinngrimm applies for EU Administration
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 11:21:33 pm »
+64
Every Admin as far i have seen it over the last year has another take on administrating.

For me it is relevant that players nolifers like me or casual players, new players who just joined the community, all of them can enjoy this game and aren't disturbed while doing it.

If decided on me and given the following task, i would first invest my time to work on the often wanted List/catalog of punishments to different kind of offenses, because as i see it as well, that a lot of hustle came through the players found themselves felt treated unfairly. So my goal would be, led by proportion and fairness to establish a hopefully more clear set on ground rules.

The only thing i might act a bit more harshly is when one of my own Members of the Wolves Pack Mercenaries are involved through rule breaking. That is not because i want to be unfair against them, but i want to hold them to the highest standards and not to give the impression those guys get away only because i know them. I am aware that within my members are some who forget about rules from time to time and as they know me, they know better then to give me crap.

I guess i would most likely act like
0. statement in general
1. warning player
2. warning player
3. kick player
4. ban player

Depending on severity (often/intensity/repeatingly/first timer/ fill in more here) and the catalog which i spoke of, steps 0-3 are optional and ban if it is in my eyes no other option left to me through the players actions.
Cause and Effect. If you get punished, in most cases you had it coming, that is how Karma works.

It doesn't exclude me making mistakes, if you can deliver evidence or logic reasoning, i am willing to listen, if you can't make me change my mind and you truly didn't do anything wrong than you would be hopefully one of the few who got unfairly punished and i apologize here now for every case where that would happen, as it is not my wish to harm anyone.

kinngrimm

EDIT:typo
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:25:25 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 11:57:39 pm »
+26
Hello, my name is André, I'm 26 years old, and I'm from Portugal.

Most of you might know me in-game as koldborn (was Kaldralinn Hrafninn for a while , which is written in Old Norse), and other nicknames from my never-ending alt list.

I step once more forward, in order to make more clear my intentions towards this so loved/hated mod, which are only good intention, not just regarding a possible Administration position (the main part of this thread) but also any other possible position or requirement of my e-person towards the welfare of this video game (being it Forum related, Site related, Balancing related, etc)

I'm a very sociable person (easy to notice in-game), and (un)fortunately I'm at a period of my Real Life (which is going to last a long while) that allows me to have a lot of free time during the day, making possible to give 110% attention and dedication to such position. My steam stats are enough proof of the time I spend on this game/cRPG: [ http://steamcommunity.com/id/karasujigoku ] .

I think this might be my biggest "weapon" on this application since it's overwhelming the number of current admins that are rarely online, or even active, we keep losing some of the few actives with the nomination system and many of the new admins getting recruited are rarely seen in-game.

I have a rich experience regarding the Administration position in several games mods (p.e. Action Quake 2, Call of Duty series, etc) making me aware of the difficulties of the "job" and what actions are the correct ones regarding every decision.

Saying so, I see this Administration position as a duty and not a right (as a large part of the database thinks), a duty I'm ready to embrace for the welfare of this community and to give the best in-game quality time for every player, even if it means to lose my precious game-time and spend several minutes/hours spectating and dealing with any occurrence (nope, I'm not a masochist, I simple had the luck to be educated with the best possible standards which allowed me to have personality and conscience). 

If this is too much of a wall of text for some, I can resume the reasons I would be a good option for the position:

- I'm extremely active, in both Battle and Siege modes of this Mod.

- I have rich background and experience regarding Administration from other games/mods.

- I speak/write fluently English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and know some basics on German, Japanese (weeaboo-friendly), etc.

- I'm very sociable, friendly and cuddly.  (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

- I think I'm a bit emotive cause when I see something that is obviously wrong (for any living being with some IQ, at least) and people not doing anything about it I get really worked on and try to fix it even if all tied up, leading to people misjudging me into a complete rage-induced annoying person.

- I make the most wonderful and tasty coffee in the planet (but it's all mine!).

Any other question, feel free to ask me on IRC, I'm always under the nick karasu.

Cheers, and the best regards.

André.

edit: typo fixes.

edit v2: namechange fix.

edit v3: re-namechange fix; new info.

eidt v4: some mods that might be relevant.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:07:47 pm by karasu »