Author Topic: Horn Bow Accuracy Bug?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
Horn Bow Accuracy Bug?
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:41:03 pm »
I'd love it if someone else could confirm this.  I don't really even use the Horn/Strong Bow anymore but I know a lot of people do so I wanted to mention this.  I was doing a crosshair comparison with all the various bows with my 7PD, 163 WPF Archer, to see how large an effect additional PD had on accuracy.  The testing proved that the bonus is significant enough that my lower PD bows have markedly tighter crosshairs even with a lower accuracy rating.  However, while testing, I noticed that for some reason, the Horn Bow's crosshairs were at least TWICE as bad as any other bow I had.  According to it's PD requirement and Accuracy rating it should have been slightly better than the Longbow I was looking at, but it was definitely MUCH MUCH WORSE.  Unless the game was just behaving oddly for me specifically, there seems to be some quirk that makes the Horn Bow far less accurate than its statistics suggest and indeed, FAR less accurate than all the other bows in general.  Since this is such a popular bow, I have to assume that this phenomenon is quite new and I wanted to bring my discovery to the developers' attention.  I can post screens if necessary, I'm just lazy.   Like I said at the beginning, can anyone else confirm this?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
Re: Horn Bow Accuracy Bug?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 01:42:51 pm »
Working as intended. Horn bow should be around the same accuracy as Rus bow.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
Re: Horn Bow Accuracy Bug?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 07:23:18 pm »
Okay, well I dunno what was up with mine while I was testing.   I did end up creating a gif to compare them all and I put the Horn Bow at the end.  Here's the animation where I stand in the same exact spot aiming at the same point with the same character, just different bows: