Author Topic: In-depth Update Changelog  (Read 8588 times)

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
Re: In-depth Update Changelog
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 02:37:45 am »
death thing is a troll

Death is not a troll silly
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2011, 02:48:11 am »
Will the bigger arrows mod fix this i wonder? 

Where do you get that?

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2011, 02:55:11 am »
Heirlooms:
All swords lost +1 speed on the balance heirloom.
Somebody said that this was for 2handed weapons and 1h weapons may not be affected. Either way, if you're going to list this you don't need to list the -1 speed for all those masterwork weapons. It would save space in your post and make reading easier to get rid of those

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2011, 03:22:14 am »
Anyone know if throwing projectile speed was reduced with the rest of ranged? They were already pretty slow.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 03:32:10 am »
Awlpike damage stands still!!!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2011, 03:34:01 am »
Anyone know if throwing projectile speed was reduced with the rest of ranged? They were already pretty slow.

Only applies to arrows from what I've heard.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 04:00:57 am »
The arrows/bolts have smaller images in game so when you shoot its much more difficult to track your shots and where they land, miss visibility on 50% or more of shots.  Haven't noticed it affecting hitboxes yet, but still testing.

This.  And double this for anyone trying to snipe with an xbow now.  Any way to get the old animations back???? 
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 04:22:30 am »
new fog at night. In stead of light gray its now dark!

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2011, 04:28:40 am »
steppe horse got -3 speed, -2 maneuverability.

maneuverability I totally understand, but -3 speed makes it nearly unable to couch. It was a pretty slow horse to begin with.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Gondemar

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Torayama clan, Ninja, ex-Shogunate, ex-Pecores
  • Game nicks: Torayama_Munemori (main) ; Satsujin_the_Unseen ; Gondemar_the_Fat
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2011, 05:44:34 am »
+2
After a few hours, this is my opinion :

- Cav lancing : much more realistic, not overpowered, cav still gets lots of kills. Would try at 50° though, at least for cav duelling, I think it wouldn't change that much and maybe give them a chance when front charging (which is reaaaally dangerous now).
- modifications on horses seems fine, my spirited courser still is doing fine, and steppe or arabian have less insame movements (nerfing speed wasn't that necessary though)
- archery nerf : good thing, but... Not that much. Missiles are too slow now. New bow and caracteristics seems fine exept the fact they could gain a few points in missile speed. I still see archers toping the score board though, so wait and see, I guess it's just the time for them to get used to it and to learn to anticipate enemy movement with the new speed. Would have lowered dmg more than missile speed though, they'll be used as shotguns too now :(
- Throwing : nice one. I missed charging as a group and seeing my teammates and enemies fall when we are at close range just before melee because of throwing. Not overpowered, but worth it. Well done !
- Crossbows : seriously ? OK you nerfed the bolts, but crossbows NEED an accuracy nerf, so that it can be used that efficiently as it is now without wpf... I don't say people who invested 100+ in crossbows should be less accurate, but the difference between 0 and 100 should be way bigger. Put a wpf requirement to use it... The way they are used (CS shotguns) is just ridiculous... Or even create a skill for crossbows (decrease reload time for example) to use it as requirement, I don't know, but it's gonna be THE op range weapon now.
- Heirloomed 2 handed speed nerf : no big deal. Side note : katana (and I'm not using it, but I saw its price augmented) still might use a slight pierce buff , even 19 pierce (on my one hander) glances often with 7 PS.
- Polearms : the stun should be slightly nerfed. I can spam the shit out of a lot of people because of that with my MW long hafted blade, it's slightly overpowered.
- Money : the new upkeep thing ? Too much guys. I know you probably do that because of plated chargers riding heavy tincans panzer squadrons and insanely rich players, but poor and new players just CAN'T PLAY. In 3 hours play, with 24k equipement I spent 1h10 at x1, 35 at x2, 20 at x3, 15 at x4 and more than 40 minuts at x5 (yeah, that was a good run), and earned 5k. It's ridiculous : rich players are still riding aroud in plate, on heavy horses of death, just bumping half of the team wearing peasant gear not to go down to 0 gold... Really, that's too much. I don't even imagine leveling and having to buy gear for new players now must be a real pain in the ass, and it already is for my low level alt (damn you respec ^^ ) wearing only 20k worth of equipement (played him half an hour to get back to level 18, no luck, lost 2k)... Please change that, 5% was fine. And I'm already bored of watching naked guys on rounceys trying to lance peasants throwing rocks at them...  :mad:
- didn't tried my HA yet, it seems to be REALLY less accurate, but I can't speak atm.

And also :

Wonder what it is. Oh wait : the next 30 pages thread in general discussion  :rolleyes:

EDIT : a few things that shocked me :

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:30:30 am by Gondemar »

The Way of the Samurai is found in death ; Torayama Clan
                          Munemori's armory

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2011, 06:41:29 am »
Where do you get that?

Nothing go away.

And Adam... Stop trolling and making up fake mods.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gondemar

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Torayama clan, Ninja, ex-Shogunate, ex-Pecores
  • Game nicks: Torayama_Munemori (main) ; Satsujin_the_Unseen ; Gondemar_the_Fat
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2011, 07:54:59 am »
So... Yeah, HA 3 is just about luck now, if you shoot while moving.

The Way of the Samurai is found in death ; Torayama Clan
                          Munemori's armory

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Update Changelog
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2011, 07:56:14 am »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2011, 08:28:31 am »
Did some testing, a  non heirloomed 6 powerdraw Longbow with nonheirloomed bodkins does on average 50 pierce damage, about 65 if I'm naked.  It did around 50 if I was wearing a Black Lamellar or Transitional.  This is 2/3 of the HP of my 24 strength/8 ironflesh strength build.  Seems like its a guaranteed 1 hit kill on builds with less then 18 strength and/or no Ironflesh.

Also, please raise the cav lancing radius to at least 70 degrees or something.  It just isn't fun to play, it feels awful.  I think 90 degrees would be just fine with the stat nerfs and upkeep increases but whatever.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2011, 08:42:56 am »
mh...I have the feeling my mw arbalest got a damage buff...
89!

plus it got nerfed on reload, heirlooming it didnt give me any speed bonus!