Author Topic: Muted voice commands  (Read 917 times)

Offline Mortemia

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Blades don't need reloading
    • View Profile
Muted voice commands
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:38:40 am »
Hey guys!

Since so many asked this yesterday in-game, here it is: Muted voice commands to get rid of the spam.
They are just blank .ogg files that you replace in the M&B /sounds -folder.

https://rapidshare.com/files/460532012/Sounds.rar

If you ever feel like getting the voice back be sure to backup the original files.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
Re: Muted voice commands
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:39:08 am »
You can also press Q+M+V to disable them in-game, so there is no wall of text flooding your display either.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 11:44:10 am »
Like punisher said, you can disable voice emotes ingame by tapping Q-M-V and enable it anytime by pressing those buttons.

The emote spam is annoying and us admins are trying to get people to stop endlessly spamming emotes. Don't worry, the novelty of the emotes will wear off pretty soon. We had the same problem when the last emotes were added.

Just ask people not to spam emotes and if they don't listen, ask an admin to intervene. Or just turn it off with Q - M - V, although i'd prefer you don't, because some players try to use the emotes for tactics and teamplay. It's nice if you can hear me (or some other guy) shouting 'FALL BACK' so you know when to retreat a bit, for example.

I try to also type the commands, but in the heat of battle that is often hard. And i have only LEFT, RIGHT and CHARGE macro'd.

Offline Mortemia

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Blades don't need reloading
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:28:10 pm »
If you disable the emotes with tapping Q-M-V, can you still see the warning if someone reports you as a leecher? That's currently on rank 2 on my "most annoying cRPG features"-list. :D People seem to exploit it ruthlessly while you are in fight.