Author Topic: New Siege Map: 'Shattered Skies'  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Professor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elton_Yawn
New Siege Map: 'Shattered Skies'
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:57:35 am »
This map is intended to be a fast-paced siege map. The premise is an airship-to-airship battle.

The attacker's airships are chained to the bow of the defender's ship, with the spawns located in two different ships. Attackers must walk across boarding planks to reach the defender's vessel. Once there, they must fight their way down the length of the vessel to the rear of the defending ship. They must then ascend into the sterncastle where the defender's flag resides.

From attacking spawns to defender's flag is about a fifty second sprint, which is comparable to several other siege maps. The main difference is the absence of high walls, which could prove problematic to defenders. Because of this, this map will probably be further revised if balance issues present themselves. AI barriers have been erected around all ships to avoid horse-users from falling or jumping to their non-deaths. Jumping out on foot is still possible, however it is a long way down.

Available at http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2621. I've emailed the NA Server Admin and hope to see it in use there soon.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:26:29 am by Professor »

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
Re: New Siege Map: 'Shattered Skies' v1.1
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:00:51 am »
..definitely original...
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline yurah

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wafua,yurahze, Yurah, Pseudo_Doll
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 04:10:43 am »
This looks like a great map hope to play it soon! :D

Offline SpaceCore

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America
  • Game nicks: SpaceCore
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 03:24:42 am »
Good things:
It's original
It's fun to play
It looks good

The bad:
Attackers never win
Defenders spawn on flag
Archers are insanely overpowered on this map

It's an awesome map, but the spawns need to be fixed, some cover needs to be added to stop archers from killing everything, and the attacker spawns need to be moved closer to the flag or something else needs to be done to help them win, cause right now they get destroyed.
SPACEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Offline Professor

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 05:06:37 am »
Yep. I'm working on an alternate route to the flag that should give attackers a bit of an edge, as well as moved all but two spawns away from the flag area. I'm going to have defenders spawn mid-ship and below the flag area. I think the reason archers cleaned up on the map is the loooooong ass ramp. The rest of the ship seemed to be okay because of pillars and poles and such.

I was very pleased to see it played though, it gave me a really good idea as to the balance of the map. Believe it or not, I thought it was going to be very hard to defend because of only one choke point at the ramp. Waited three days to play the thing. I'm hoping to be able to upload Version 1.2 by the end of the week.

Offline Professor

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 02:14:40 am »
I have added a few items, including alternate paths. This should hopefully make it easier for attackers.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login