Author Topic: cRPGLauncher.exe trouble? post here!  (Read 87983 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: cRPGLauncher.exe trouble? post here!
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2012, 10:16:01 am »
Was getting some script errors playing .261 so decided to do a fresh install of CRPG and deleted the module folder.

Now launcher gets stuck every time when trying to download the files, it'll get about 1/3 or 1/2 thru the files before getting stuck and stalling at one of the larger map files.

I've tried redownloading launcher, HD has plenty of space, etc.

Very annoying and gamebreaking

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2012, 08:26:31 pm »
Was getting some script errors playing .261 so decided to do a fresh install of CRPG and deleted the module folder.

Now launcher gets stuck every time when trying to download the files, it'll get about 1/3 or 1/2 thru the files before getting stuck and stalling at one of the larger map files.

I've tried redownloading launcher, HD has plenty of space, etc.

Very annoying and gamebreaking

Can you tell me the file it gets stuck on (from the log)?

Offline Hydris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2012, 08:46:33 pm »
If its anything like the problem I'm having its a random large file. Right now I'm stuck on scn_village_62c.sco. Last night It got stuck on something like scn_rajas.sco and another village file or 2.
I've seen it get from 5ish% completion to about 75% of the way though the whole download doesn't seem to be a specific spot that it breaks.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2012, 09:27:12 pm »
The launcher is stupid in the way that if it downloads a file and fails, that file gets lost. If it stored every succesfully downloaded file first you might well have the downloader succesfully get the whole mod after a few dozne tries :D

Anyway, I just solved the issue for someone on IRC by just simply uploading every single file he got stuck on (though in the end just a big .zip of files) and when he put those files to correct directories in Modules/cRPG/ the launcher obviously saw they were the correct one and didn't even try to download them and didn't get stuck. That guy did, however, get stuck on the same files repeatedly.

The Python launcher is probably well worth trying, though it does require some effort to get running if you don't already have Python and I bet most don't.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2012, 11:34:16 pm »
Right, I made a crude C# downloader that uses a different method than the official one (thanks to cmp for clarifying it wasn't what I thought it was :D) I can't test wether that fixes the getting stuck problem or not since I can't reproduce it, but maybe some of you can!

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
- No guarantees on it working. I managed to download a working cRPG installation on one go at about the same speed as the official one manages to do it.
- Requires .NET framework 4.0 or newer. The official one is fine with older version, but I use a filesaving method that was only recently implemented. You can get it from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851
- Program needs to be in your Warband /Modules/ directory. It doesn't look for correct place to download to - it just creates a cRPG folder wherever it happens to be and downloads the crap to there.
- If you don't get an error before the "FINISHED"-text it probably downloaded stuff correctly. Next step is to run the official cRPG launcher in repair mode and see if it actually downloaded things correctly (and if it did, that will launch WSE)
- Unlike the official program, this one downloads directly to the mod folder and does not delete the files on a failure (or if you close the program). This means that if you got stuck to random files before and still do with this one, you might be able to get the whole installation by just trying multiple times. This, however, is not the goal of the program, but if it let's you get the game, you're welcome. Do report it though.
- Please report if this fixes the getting stuck problem so I'll (and more importantly: the devs will) know if this is a solution. If it gets stuck, please report the last line or two of text you got so I might be able to look into it.

EDIT: 23rd of March 2012 fixed an error caused when trying to update an existing installation instead of downloading from scratch or just checking file validity. The address for the file also changed.
Get it from: http://koti.kapsi.fi/elmokki/crpg/cRPG-unofficial.exe

Give it a few seconds at start - it'll download the file list for updates without announcing doing that and it might take a moment. If it doesn't start spamming filenames and what's happening to them in a minute, something's wrong right away :D

If this doesn't work, I'll code a Java version and we'll see if it's C# related. If that doesn't work, well, it's probably your internets hating the program.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:18:09 pm by Elmokki »

Offline sefa66

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sefa_Cav-Sefa
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2012, 01:55:26 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

How can i fix it help me please :(

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2012, 02:17:50 am »

How can i fix it help me please :(

Install this.

Offline sefa66

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sefa_Cav-Sefa
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2012, 02:24:44 am »

Offline Prox

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 01, 2012, 05:18:50 am »
Firstly I play through steam, Secondly I'm fairly certain I run everything as administrator, thirdly the launcher version is 0.6.1

When I try to launch CRPG through the launcher I get Error: Failed to create remote load library thread. Then the mount and blade client comes up with all my mods and just sits there.

I start warband without launcher and It says open CRPG through the launcher to get the Warband Script Enhancer even though I can play CRPG fine I cannot connect to Rageball servers. I connect to the Rageball server and game instantly crashes with error: RGL ERROR invalid opcode 8. I get into the server for about 2 seconds and usually am able to see people running around right before the crash.

I looked through most of this thread and there was nothing that helped me although I did skim it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #234 on: February 01, 2012, 08:13:53 am »
I have same problems!
sometimes it work and sometimes not

what to do?
Bros never die!

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2012, 09:00:44 am »
The launcher is stupid in the way that if it downloads a file and fails, that file gets lost. If it stored every succesfully downloaded file first you might well have the downloader succesfully get the whole mod after a few dozne tries :D

A-fucking-men

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2012, 11:18:39 am »
A-fucking-men

Try http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,21131.msg364171.html#msg364171 !

I need to know if the method that uses works. If it does, cmp said on IRC a few days ago he'll change the official launcher to use that method too. Even if you have a working installation from elsewhere, I would appriciate if you still tried this one (just unzip to anywhere except your warband/modules/ folder and it won't even try replacing anything, tho it shouldn't replace a working installation anyway) for greater good.

(just removed the date restriction)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:20:21 am by Elmokki »

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2012, 07:26:31 am »
I keep getting an error about WSELoader not working on a 64 bit system.  This happens after it says it cannont find any other mirrors and I click no to the prompt asking to check for mirrors again.  Any idea what is causing this?
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2012, 10:42:44 am »
it worked!! ;)
thanks a lot elmokki :D
Bros never die!

Offline Ben_E_Gas

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ben_E_Gas; Wolff_the_Wandererr
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2012, 05:09:20 am »
Right, I made a crude C# downloader that uses a different method than the official one (thanks to cmp for clarifying it wasn't what I thought it was :D) I can't test wether that fixes the getting stuck problem or not since I can't reproduce it, but maybe some of you can!

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
- No guarantees on it working. I managed to download a working cRPG installation on one go at about the same speed as the official one manages to do it.
- Requires .NET framework 4.0 or newer. The official one is fine with older version, but I use a filesaving method that was only recently implemented. You can get it from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851
- Program needs to be in your Warband /Modules/ directory. It doesn't look for correct place to download to - it just creates a cRPG folder wherever it happens to be and downloads the crap to there.
- If you don't get an error before the "FINISHED"-text it probably downloaded stuff correctly. Next step is to run the official cRPG launcher in repair mode and see if it actually downloaded things correctly (and if it did, that will launch WSE)
- Unlike the official program, this one downloads directly to the mod folder and does not delete the files on a failure (or if you close the program). This means that if you got stuck to random files before and still do with this one, you might be able to get the whole installation by just trying multiple times. This, however, is not the goal of the program, but if it let's you get the game, you're welcome. Do report it though.
- Please report if this fixes the getting stuck problem so I'll (and more importantly: the devs will) know if this is a solution. If it gets stuck, please report the last line or two of text you got so I might be able to look into it.

Get it from: http://nikita.tnnet.fi/~elmokki/crpg/cRPG-unofficial.exe

Give it a few seconds at start - it'll download the file list for updates without announcing doing that and it might take a moment. If it doesn't start spamming filenames and what's happening to them in a minute, something's wrong right away :D

If this doesn't work, I'll code a Java version and we'll see if it's C# related. If that doesn't work, well, it's probably your internets hating the program.

This started to work for me but stopped at a certain line.  here is a screen shot:
Thanks,
Ben E Gas