Author Topic: 60 sec spawn delay and abuse.  (Read 6983 times)

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
60 sec spawn delay and abuse.
« on: July 30, 2011, 04:49:26 pm »
This text (bellow) was translated with a help by one good man. Thx 'em.
"So, with the new spawn system defenders can easily rush the enemy's flag and a battle is done in 2 minutes. Exmaples: LLJK battle against Templars, LLJK battle against Shogunate, ATS battle against DFC. These 3 battle have been won by defenders using this exploit, without any chance for the attackers. It totally kills the fun of Strategus, makes the game unfair and boring. Hope you, devs, will fix it."

chadz, game admins, game developers, Strategus players.
It's just end of the game. It's just crazy.
Defenders evev DID NOT ANY CHANCE to attackers even TO START A BATTLE at all.

If something like this happend again - I am sure what abusers must be punished, all attackers loosed forces\tickets must be restored (battles rolled back).
This is really an ABUSE.
WTF, really?

Here is my try to solve this with an admin. He is really good man, he tried to help me, but....
He can't , cos of existing rules.
(click to show/hide)
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
Re: 60 sec spawn delay and abuse.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 04:51:36 pm »

And from the rest: All I've seen is a peasant mob trying to attack a well-trained and coordinated army - and getting repelled instantly. You can clearly see how one side is perfectly coordinated, while the other side was a bunch of farmers.

If you attack, it's up to you to be better than the defenders. Attacking is no longer a troop-comparison - you need tactics and commitment to pull off a successful attack.

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 05:19:48 pm »
Quote from: chadz

And from the rest: All I've seen is a peasant mob trying to attack a well-trained and coordinated army - and getting repelled instantly. You can clearly see how one side is perfectly coordinated, while the other side was a bunch of farmers.

If you attack, it's up to you to be better than the defenders. Attacking is no longer a troop-comparison - you need tactics and commitment to pull off a successful attack.
I do believe our dear Donkey forgot about the fact that armies, especially those preparing to storm some fortified territory, spent some time (pre-battle) on planning and building specific formation, before actually engaging into battle.
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 07:44:55 pm »
I don't know what the complaint is about.  We (the defenders) on the open battle also had only one spawn point, we also (like the attackers) were spawning one person at a time.  When we (the defenders) attacked across the open field, we didn't have any more numbers than the attackers (who were defending). 

There was no special advantages to either side and both sides had pretty much everyone spawned by the time the battle took place.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 08:24:49 pm »
I don't know what the complaint is about.  We (the defenders) on the open battle also had only one spawn point, we also (like the attackers) were spawning one person at a time.  When we (the defenders) attacked across the open field, we didn't have any more numbers than the attackers (who were defending). 

There was no special advantages to either side and both sides had pretty much everyone spawned by the time the battle took place.

You are either incredibly dense or just stupid one. Defenders have a full minute to spawn before the attackers. On a small field like the on you were just on, it takes maybe 20sec max to get to the opposing spawn point as cav. Attackers not only become basically the defense as their team doesn't get fully spawned before they have a mess of people in their spawn area but in that specific battle, Dfc also got hit with an equipment bug as a couple of your memebers did as well.

This complaint isn't about you or ATS, it's about the state of attacking in strategus as a whole. Our clan won 3 different battles this morning in a time span of 5-10min at most for all 3 combined battles. Attackers are at a significant disadvantage, regardless of open field or village, with the way the current spawning works in battles.

Pretty much everyone including Ecko and most of ATS and the rest of NE, with the exception of you evidently, thinks this needs to be changed so that there can be you know actual fights.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 08:33:09 pm »
You are either incredibly dense or just stupid one. Defenders have a full minute to spawn before the attackers. On a small field like the on you were just on, it takes maybe 20sec max to get to the opposing spawn point as cav. Attackers not only become basically the defense as their team doesn't get fully spawned before they have a mess of people in their spawn area but in that specific battle, Dfc also got hit with an equipment bug as a couple of your memebers did as well.

We didn't have 60 seconds advantage, at 60 seconds in we all respawned as a blob back on our spawn point.  By the time our infantry came over the hill into your side's line of sight (at the 2:00 minute mark, that would put it at 1 minute after you started spawning) you guys had everyone spawned in. 

This complaint isn't about you or ATS, it's about the state of attacking in strategus as a whole. Our clan won 3 different battles this morning in a time span of 5-10min at most for all 3 combined battles. Attackers are at a significant disadvantage, regardless of open field or village, with the way the current spawning works in battles.

I don't know if it was an admin who "respawned" us defenders after a minute, but what happened in dfc vs ats we didn't have a minute advantage over your spawn.

Pretty much everyone including Ecko and most of ATS and the rest of NE, with the exception of you evidently, thinks this needs to be changed so that there can be you know actual fights.

I never said the system doesn't need to be changed.  I'm saying that you complaining the dfc vs ats battle was unfair, is bullshit and has been refuted by video evidence, and my personal experiences in game.  If one side gets 60 seconds advantage over the other in spawning, especially on such a small battle map, it's something that needs to be fixed. 

That was clearly not the case in dfc vs ats.

NEXT
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 09:09:10 pm »
We didn't have 60 seconds advantage, at 60 seconds in we all respawned as a blob back on our spawn point.  By the time our infantry came over the hill into your side's line of sight (at the 2:00 minute mark, that would put it at 1 minute after you started spawning) you guys had everyone spawned in. 

I don't know if it was an admin who "respawned" us defenders after a minute, but what happened in dfc vs ats we didn't have a minute advantage over your spawn.

I never said the system doesn't need to be changed.  I'm saying that you complaining the dfc vs ats battle was unfair, is bullshit and has been refuted by video evidence, and my personal experiences in game.  If one side gets 60 seconds advantage over the other in spawning, especially on such a small battle map, it's something that needs to be fixed. 

That was clearly not the case in dfc vs ats.

NEXT

Your brain is thoroughly broken. I would suggest enrolling in a critical thinking class, but I don't believe there is a class with such a basic purpose. Life is going to be a harsh mistress for you.

No you see officer, I wasn't speeding, i was only going 5 miles over the speed limit.

No you see banker, I payed my mortgage on time, i am allowed to wait until the 7th.

No you see, I only smoked a little bit I shouldn't have lung cancer doctor.

No you see I put on that condom, there is no way that baby is mine. The blood test is rigged.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 09:49:17 pm »
so nothing to refute specific points I made?  thats what I thought.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 02:47:46 am »
Simple fact is the entire defence id formed up and ready when there is 1 attacker.

How can that in anyway encourage attackers to be organised?

If the defending forces have the ability to get all 60 of their fighters to the spawn in the time it takes 20 attackers to spawn its pretty clear whos gunna come out on top.

Offensive actions in strategus at the moment is more of a suicidal risk than a planned calculated and organised assault.

Its clear that the system doesnt work and needs to be tweeked.
Turtles

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 09:02:18 am »
Simple fact is the entire defence id formed up and ready when there is 1 attacker.

If the defending forces have the ability to get all 60 of their fighters to the spawn in the time it takes 20 attackers to spawn its pretty clear whos gunna come out on top.

Offensive actions in strategus at the moment is more of a suicidal risk than a planned calculated and organised assault.

I totally agree. Just have a look at the list of battles.

The first thing defenders do is to spawn with a couple of horses, move towards attacker's spawn and take it. If the spawns are close to each other, well, the battle is over.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:04:28 am by Erasmas »

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 09:48:52 am »
Please devs remove "capture the spawn" feature, if you do it the game will jus be  more fun :) and there would be less work for you, i know coding/fixing requires a lot time, it would make things easier for everyone  8-)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 12:52:35 pm »
The whole capture spawn system is weird anyway, just have some heavy extermination going on = win.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 05:50:58 pm »
That's not true...the defenders "respawn" 60 seconds after the first one of them spawned.  they all  respawn back on their flag (and before this, they can't capture the attacker's spawn).  The attackers start spawning at this point, 1 per second I believe.  By the time the defenders can get to the attackers spawn, the attackers should already be forming a defense.  They could have siege shields up, they could have pikemen, or shield walls.  The spawn system needs to be fixed for open field battles, but the attacker's can't claim they have no ability to defend themselves, that's simply not true, and is facetious.  Take accountability for yourself and stop acting ignorant.

When ATS attacked DFC the other night we were fully confident had they fielded an army with equipment that we would have been able to repel the initial defender rush to our spawn. 

DFC had a chance to defend themselves when ATS was the defenders and pushed the DFC spawn point, they just failed to do so.  Pecores clearly had a chance to defend themselves vs LLJK when LLJK pushed the Pecores spawn point, but they failed to do so.  I'm not saying it's easy to defend your spawn point when you're the attackers on an open field battle, but it certainly can be done.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:53:13 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 06:16:03 pm »
I think people are forgetting that not all maps are created equal, and spawn rushing is more difficult for some then others.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 06:18:23 pm »
DFC had a chance to defend themselves when ATS was the defenders and pushed the DFC spawn point, they just failed to do so.  Pecores clearly had a chance to defend themselves vs LLJK when LLJK pushed the Pecores spawn point, but they failed to do so.  I'm not saying it's easy to defend your spawn point when you're the attackers on an open field battle, but it certainly can be done.

It's strange that it is to the attacker to defend, no?